Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2005, 02:26 PM

Peperami please help !!!

My sister was just eating a perperami and Kia wen mad ripped the rapper out of her hand my sister grabbed it of her but Kia had already managed to eat the small clear wrapper that goes around the peperami. Will she be ok I looked in her throat and nothing there she chewed it all up. Shall I take her to vets. I fell an awful Mum at the minute first her leg and now this. She seems fine and has drank and eaten since and gone to loo happened about 30 mins ago. Advice?
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-08-2005, 02:31 PM
I think she should be ok.... but if she shows any pain or discomfort or any problems go to your vet. sorry i cant be much help
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks I just got told by my friend that she should be fine !!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2005, 03:13 PM
When Cassie swallowed a pound coin, the vet said as long as she was eating, drinking and going to the loo she'd be ok. It will happen many times ellenlouise, it gets easier. Don't panic that's the important thing and if in doubt ring the vet.
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-08-2005, 03:20 PM
My dog loves to "eat"tennis balls we have tried to stop him.The vet said if he is doing all the normal things a whippet does he is ok
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2005, 03:20 PM
THNXS everyone I just want to do everything right by her. She is adorable !
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
When Cassie swallowed a pound coin, the vet said as long as she was eating, drinking and going to the loo she'd be ok. It will happen many times ellenlouise, it gets easier. Don't panic that's the important thing and if in doubt ring the vet.
That's right and it is amazing what dogs manage to eat and survive....

Ellenlouise you just need to keep an eye on Kia (which you are doing anyway with the leg) and make sure there is no change in behavior as Wufflehoond says.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2005, 03:40 PM
That's right mini, she kept that pound coin down for a week and we found it locked in the kitchen with her on the Sunday morning and it hadn't come out the way you would. Came up rather than out!!!! LOL

Couldn't believe what we were seeing, she was only little at the time too
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Although it looks like plastic I think it’s not and will probably dissolve hope you let him have the peperoni. YUM!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by ellenlouise
My sister was just eating a perperami and Kia wen mad ripped the rapper out of her hand my sister grabbed it of her but Kia had already managed to eat the small clear wrapper that goes around the peperami. Will she be ok I looked in her throat and nothing there she chewed it all up. Shall I take her to vets. I fell an awful Mum at the minute first her leg and now this. She seems fine and has drank and eaten since and gone to loo happened about 30 mins ago. Advice?
What is it about dogs and peperami - our dog did just the same thing a couple of months back. My daughter was just about to eat one of the mini ones when he jumped up, grabbed it and swallowed it with the plastic still on. I think he was sick with it a few hours later though - served him right too the greedy little thing
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >