Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
satu2012
New Member!
Female 

05-09-2012, 02:04 PM

First Season

Hi, I was wondering for those whose dogs have come in season..

My 7.5 month old Finnish Lapphund i think is coming into season now. Her vulva has swelled - not huge but definitely has swelled a little and shes very sooky. no drops of blood yet though.

Her breeder said she would be coming in season but may be up to a week or so before she is actually in season properly (bleeds). What my main question i guess is with their first seasons, so they not swell as large or will she get bigger than she is now? She only swelled today.

Thanks in advance
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2012, 03:59 PM
My 7 month old girl is in season now, a lot earlier than her mother came into season and I really wasn't expecting it, but looking back at her behaviours over the last month I should have seen it coming. She is very swollen at the moment and bleeding a lot, personally I have noticed with a first season that there does seem a heck of a lot of blood compared to the seasons they have when they are a bit older, but that is purely my own observation with my girls and may well not be the norm. She may start shredding stuff (I have a tree stump in the backyard I use for sawing wood and it looks like a woodpecker has got it) and acting strangely, like I say looking back I should know the signs by now
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Every dog is different I have had with small sewlling and some with elephant trunks. They are just like people all different but normal