Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2005, 04:30 PM

Pets they break your damned heart

Well I have been lucky my cats Oscar and Cleo are both 23 this Oct and apart from a bad start before I got them they have both had happy healthy lives. Cleo has only been to the vets to have her teeth descaled in 2002.
Oscar has only had the odd doses of anitboitocs after fight injuries when he was younger - and then diagnosed Christmas 2003 with Chronic Renal faliure but he has been happy and healthy.

Tonight got back from work to find out Oscar ate his brunch lying down today Then stumbled (fell over) about 3 hours later. Although he was fine this morning when I went out to work at 6.45am I have come home to find him quiet but moving about slowly but he has slowed down just recently.But he is still talking to me and trying to follow me albeit slowly. He is after all my shadow.

I have phoned the vets and they think he may have had a slight stroke but as long as he is fine in himself don't worry - easier said than done but he is fine.

My head says at his age his time with me is shorter than the time we've already had together. But my heart refuses to believe the time is running out. Sorry I may not be on much for the next few days as I am filling up now.

What breaks your heart is his sister Cleo is lying on the bed next to him grooming him - which she has not done for many many years since they were kittens in fact - what will she or I do without him.

Karen
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm so sorry Karen
I know It's a time all pet owners dread
Take Care
Stewart
sarah2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2005, 04:37 PM
*hugs* to you Kazz xxxxx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Kazz Im so sorry to hear about Oscar not being well Just make sure he is eating and drinking as much as possible as old cats go downhill very fast.

Im here if you need a chat
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear about Oscar, and yes your right pets do break your heart Kazz
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Thank you all very very much. He is eating and drinking and he will share as always my Nan bread tonight - curry night

He is following me about - and he's lying at my feet sucking/chewing my trainer-lace (nothing changes) as I type Thanks all.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2005, 04:52 PM
you couldnīt say it better Kazz
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2005, 05:08 PM
O'h Karen I'm so sorry, yes your right the do break your heart. BUT You have to think about all the love they have given you and the pleasure. I know what your going through. It's not that long since I lost Sasha. Please feel free to pm me if you want to talk. I'm thinking off you. Jacquie
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Awswww Karen

I'm so sorry

I know exactly wot u mean with the heart and the head

Hugs from me and licks from Oliver
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2005, 05:15 PM
OOoh Kazz, i am so sorry, i know how you are feeling, its a feeling we all dread, but having experienced it many times myself i know how you must be feeling, you know where i am if you need to chat
Best wishes
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >