Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 08:24 PM

Vets Medi Cover

Anyone used Vets Medi Cover before? Their website says they cover fees up to £10,000 a year, and say they give a set price (based of breed size?)

http://www.vetsmedicover.co.uk/home/
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 08:32 PM
I got a few quotes from them the other day but didn't know if they were any good or not
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-06-2012, 05:50 AM
I am with them and can say they are very good.

It is one price for all mixed breeds not sure of that price and one for Pedigrees. (All).

Dillon needed referral and x-rays which came to just under a £1000 they were done on the 30th April and they do direct claims. If the other party does too. It was paid to the RVC by the 24th May.

When I took Dillon for his first hydro session that day the accounts lady said your bill has been paid today we have received the cheque and remarkd how quick they were. The RVC took a coupel of days to do the paperwork and submit the paperwork.

The insurance company have now sent another claim form for continuation and will pay for his hydro sessions the only thing they stipulated when I rang for the continuation claim form was that they are registered with some professional body cannot remember the recommendatin she gave. When I said it would still be under the RVC she said that would be no problem.
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2012, 07:20 AM
I am trying to navigate this endless jungle of insurance companies now as we pick up our puppy in a few weeks. I've read lots of reviews on review sites online and VMC came out pretty good, few bad rates and peoples experience with them seem good.
I know our breeder is with AnimalFriends but the reviews on that company were just horrible.

Shall I take the risk?
It's annoying because I know if I was back in Norway I'd know who to go for, but right now it feels like I'm stumbling in the dark.

Edit: Never mind, added our details in and it's way too expensive, over £63 a month with lifetime cover.
Edit 2: Sigh. My brain is fryed after looking at too many companies and numbers. VMC only comes to £32 which is reasonable, it was Pet Plan that was £63.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 12:14 PM
It is a nightmare trying to decide on the best insurance

I am with Petplan and my lifetime cover is £38 per month. I only decided to go with them as they are the biggest and I figured they wouldn't go 'down the pan' with the recession. They also have a good reputation of paying out with no haggle.

Your quote of £32 with VMC certainly sounds very good, and if their reviews are good I would go with them. A huge difference in costs

Good luck negotiating this minefield
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2012, 10:17 AM
I emailed them a question and the lady that emailed me back suggested we don't put the order through until 1. July - as they are lowering the "dog" insurance price from £32 to £28!
Well that made it for me, I'm getting it done on 2. July hehe
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm with them.. I pay £21 per month for my breed

Seemed like a good level of cover for the cost to me.