View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 07:00 AM

Good morning boys and girls - Bank Holiday Monday!

Morning all,

We stayed in yesterday – sheesh – how boring was that! I watched far too much TV and kept falling asleep..... old lady mode *on*.

Things will be different today, that’s for sure. We are off out to Bromley just as soon as we get our butts into gear, and I don’t care if there’s a monsoon out there.......

Have a great bank holiday Monday, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
You can do more with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Good morning Vicki and all who follow

We did the same yesterday, Vicki and boring just isn't good enough to describe it

It's windy and overcast this morning, but a very weak sun is trying to show it's face now and then. Regardless, we are going out otherwise I think I'll go bonkers through boredom.

Rosie is still doing well with no sickness since the meds finished (despite eating half a dead starfish which did give her half a day of 'squirts'). Now I need to cut back the number of feeds again, but will only go from four to three as three suits us both

One thing I did see was her eating buttercups on the garden the other day and it dawned on me that she may have been doing this a while. Looked 'em up and found that both buttercups and daisies are toxic to dogs - could that have been the cause of the throwing up I wonder? Anyways, all but a very small strip of the back garden is now temporarily fenced off and the whole blocked off area has been treated. Hopefully, when it's safe to open it up again for my 'ickle girl, there will be nothing left for her to munch on that may cause problems. I'd never even thought about buttercups and daisies that grow through the grass.

Ah well, time to shower and get changed ready to get some fresh, fresh air (and get to town before the roads get blocked and free parking spaces have all been found and claimed).

Have a good 'un all whatever you are up to today
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Morning Vicki, Chris and everyone else.

I also had a boring day yesterday The weather was wicked here.

Vicki have a lovely day in Bromley, and Chris, I hope that you have got to the bottom of Rosie's ickie tummy.

I am now going to bed My Cr*p job determines that I am on nights all week. Sunday till Wednesday. No bank holiday time off for me. But after July (once I have relocated my work), I'll be able to choose which Bank Holidays I do work (can't wait).

Hope you all have a lovely couple of days off. Enjoy (says me enviously)
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Good morning everyone!

I'm on the war-path today! Vodafone are on my hitlist They have moved my upgrade date 5 times since December, the latest date they have given me is October. My old phone has been limping along all year, barely functioning, but because I thought I was due an upgrade I've carried on with it.

The upshot is, I've found my contract paperwork and I got the phone on 4th December 2012 and it clearly states that I took an 18 month contract (they've been telling me it's 2 years!). So, by my reckoning, my time with them is up!

They will have 2 choices - Give me a new phone TODAY.........or I will cancel my direct debit and I will see them in court when they demand the payment.

Can you tell I'm fired up

When that's sorted we will be having a lovely doggy day, venue to be decided, for me to destress and enjoy my girl.

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing, have a lovely day peeps x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Morning Vicki, Chris, Deb, Angie and all who follow
Ridiculous weather, the dogs and I were in our winter coats this morning battling the cold wind and rain and now I have put my heating on for an hour as it is so cold in here.
I'm on my own again, Charly come home for a night and then disapeared yesterday teatime when a friend picked her up to stay over at theirs. Oh to be a carefree student again Lol. Its so nice to see her enjoying herself at last though, she has had more than enough to deal with in her life and works so hard, it makes me happy to see her having some fun.
Apart from walking the dogs again later I am hoping to have a day indoors doing my jigsaw and not a lot else (such an exciting dangerous life I lead .
Chris I am glad Rosie is still doing well and hopefully it was the buttercups so you can prevent it hapenning again.
Vicki have a lovely time in Bromley and Deb sleep well.
Angie deep breaths then kill em!
Everyone else enjoy your day whatever you have planned.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Angie1966 View Post

The upshot is, I've found my contract paperwork and I got the phone on 4th December 2012 and it clearly states that I took an 18 month contract (they've been telling me it's 2 years!). So, by my reckoning, my time with them is up!
Check it out with them before taking drastic action. There was something on TV a couple of weeks back about these contracts where part of it is for 18 months, but somewhere else in the small print, there's another part to it that says 2 years.

Worth fighting it out though regardless, but don't risk incurring any backlash through a clause in the contract
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Check it out with them before taking drastic action. There was something on TV a couple of weeks back about these contracts where part of it is for 18 months, but somewhere else in the small print, there's another part to it that says 2 years.

Worth fighting it out though regardless, but don't risk incurring any backlash through a clause in the contract
Thanks Chris, I've just had a quick skeg and I've found on the accompanying order form where it says 'Agreement term - 21Mon).

So, as I see it, I have taken an 18 month contract on my phone and a 21 month contract on my line rental (so to speak).

That may not be the case, but that's what they'll be believing by the time I've finished with them

Thank you for the heads up
LoobyLou663
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Morning everyone, yesterday was boring and miserable for me too, should imagine today will be the same lol. Ive just come to an end with my contract and glad to be rid of it, after vat went up i was paying £70 a month for unlimited internet, texts and calls, with an iphone. Back onto pay and go now and only paying £15 a month hope it works out for you angie. I hope everyone has a good day today
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Morning Vicki! And a glorious one it is here today. We will not however be hitting the beach as No.1 son got a tad too much sunshine yesterday! Blokes just won't listen will they?

Spent a lovely day on Makenzy beach (where I was served a Pina Colada in a whole Pineapple shell replete with sprouting lid lol!) and then ate at one of the tavernas and returned just in time to see the drenched choir singing Rule Brittania on telly!

My son was heartened to see the atrocious weather as his only misgiving about coming this week was that they'd miss the splendid Jubilee Celebrations in lovely Bath where he lives. So he was lashing after sun on instead of scraping rust off himself!

They returned to join the evening beach shenanigans (which don't start until about 11.30pm) I decided to 'act my age' and stayed home.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of this long bank holiday weekend. It's a public holiday here today (Pentecost) but not tomorrow. And nary a Union Jack to be seen anywhere (other than on the British Bases and some of those towns that are overrun with Brits!)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning Vicki and all who follow

We did the same yesterday, Vicki and boring just isn't good enough to describe it

It's windy and overcast this morning, but a very weak sun is trying to show it's face now and then. Regardless, we are going out otherwise I think I'll go bonkers through boredom.

Rosie is still doing well with no sickness since the meds finished (despite eating half a dead starfish which did give her half a day of 'squirts'). Now I need to cut back the number of feeds again, but will only go from four to three as three suits us both

One thing I did see was her eating buttercups on the garden the other day and it dawned on me that she may have been doing this a while. Looked 'em up and found that both buttercups and daisies are toxic to dogs - could that have been the cause of the throwing up I wonder? Anyways, all but a very small strip of the back garden is now temporarily fenced off and the whole blocked off area has been treated. Hopefully, when it's safe to open it up again for my 'ickle girl, there will be nothing left for her to munch on that may cause problems. I'd never even thought about buttercups and daisies that grow through the grass.

Ah well, time to shower and get changed ready to get some fresh, fresh air (and get to town before the roads get blocked and free parking spaces have all been found and claimed).

Have a good 'un all whatever you are up to today
Morning Chris - have a lovely day hon x

Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Morning Vicki, Chris and everyone else.

I also had a boring day yesterday The weather was wicked here.

Vicki have a lovely day in Bromley, and Chris, I hope that you have got to the bottom of Rosie's ickie tummy.

I am now going to bed My Cr*p job determines that I am on nights all week. Sunday till Wednesday. No bank holiday time off for me. But after July (once I have relocated my work), I'll be able to choose which Bank Holidays I do work (can't wait).

Hope you all have a lovely couple of days off. Enjoy (says me enviously)
Morning Deb - sleep well, chick x

Originally Posted by Angie1966 View Post
Good morning everyone!

I'm on the war-path today! Vodafone are on my hitlist They have moved my upgrade date 5 times since December, the latest date they have given me is October. My old phone has been limping along all year, barely functioning, but because I thought I was due an upgrade I've carried on with it.

They will have 2 choices - Give me a new phone TODAY.........or I will cancel my direct debit and I will see them in court when they demand the payment.

Can you tell I'm fired up

When that's sorted we will be having a lovely doggy day, venue to be decided, for me to destress and enjoy my girl.

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing, have a lovely day peeps x
Morning Angie - hope you get it sorted. I find ALL the mobile companies are a bunch of twonks - there's not one good one among them.....

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Vicki, Chris, Deb, Angie and all who follow
Ridiculous weather, the dogs and I were in our winter coats this morning battling the cold wind and rain and now I have put my heating on for an hour as it is so cold in here.
I'm on my own again, Charly come home for a night and then disapeared yesterday teatime when a friend picked her up to stay over at theirs. Oh to be a carefree student again Lol. Its so nice to see her enjoying herself at last though, she has had more than enough to deal with in her life and works so hard, it makes me happy to see her having some fun.
Apart from walking the dogs again later I am hoping to have a day indoors doing my jigsaw and not a lot else (such an exciting dangerous life I lead .
Chris I am glad Rosie is still doing well and hopefully it was the buttercups so you can prevent it hapenning again.
Vicki have a lovely time in Bromley and Deb sleep well.
Angie deep breaths then kill em!
Everyone else enjoy your day whatever you have planned.
Morning Bev - it's certainly chillier today hon x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >