Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tequila
New Member!
Male 

10-08-2005, 06:00 PM

Dogue De Bordeaux

Hello, I'm new to the forum but would like some advice if possible.
We are thinking of getting a Dogue in the near future. Can anyone give me any ifo on temprement etc? We are expecting a baby in around 3 weeks and are hoping to get a pup in about 3 months. Any advice on this timing and the Dogue would be appreciated.
Thanks
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 07:32 PM
HI

Welcome
without being rude, but personally I think that havign a very young baby and a puppy at the same time would be ALOT of work and just wonder if you know what you would be letting urself in for ??

Perhaps it would be better to wait until baby is older and then get a puppy so that they grow up together rather than having the stress of a new baby and a new puppy - exactly how much poop do you want to have to clean up ?? LOL

DDB get VERy big aswell ....

Dani
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Saz has just rescued a DDB so hopefully she will have a bit more info for you but i think she is still learning too!

good luck with your decision and congrats on the awaiting baby!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Hello Tequila welcome to Dogweb..if you would like to come and say hello to everyone click here ... I have to argree with Brundog, when you have a new baby of three months old it is not the best time to get a puppy of any breed particularly a large demanding breed like a DDB ..think of the puppy as another baby, it needs to be taken out every hour to learn to be clean and taken out during the night, it needs your full attention or it may grow up with behavioural problems. I think you won't get the full enjoyment from you baby or from the puppy if you get one at this time.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 08:17 PM
I would agree with the others on this.A family nearby have one called 'Molly' and despite doting on their 2 year old girl-she is a tad clumsy and knocks her over.Saz is the one who give you some real inside information though!