Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2012, 09:02 PM

(BAT) Instructor's Course 2013, 1 - 5 June, Leamington Spa

This is a hands-on course for trainers with previous experience of Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT), which will help take their existing skills to the next level and prepare them for the BAT certification exam (see Full Certification below). The course is not compulsory to apply for full certification but is highly recommended.

The course is limited to 10 student participants (full participation) and 10 student attendees (observation only)

Each student participant will work with fear aggressive and/or lead frustrated dogs and their handlers, practice BAT in a group setting, analyse video clips of course BAT sessions, and participate in problem-solving sessions. Participants will lead dog and handler teams, as well as coach other trainers.

Attendees will be taking part in analyses, problem-solving sessions and discussions, but will be observing practical demonstrations only.

All participants and attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance.

Course pre-requisites:

Attendance at a 2-day BAT seminar (or watching the BATing 1000: Behavior Adjustment Training for Reactivity 2 Day seminar DVD) OR watching the BATing 1000: Behavior Adjustment Training for Reactivity 2 Day seminar DVD plus reading Behavior Adjustment Training: BAT for Dog Reactivity

Full Certification:

Application for certification is free for all participants and attendees taking part in the Instructor’s Course (valued at £125). Both are entitled to one attempt at the written test. The written part of the exam can be taken on the last day of the course by all attendees and participants, and will comprise an essay part and multiple choice questions.

To be eligible for full certification, 200 hours of training dogs using force-free training techniques must be logged as follows:

At least 100 hours of regular dog training and behaviour modification, as the lead trainer. Either by training dogs one-on-one, or as part of one-to-one training with dogs and their owners, or within a class setting.

An additional 100 hours as the main trainer for cases specifically focusing on rehabilitating fear, frustration or bullying involving aggression.

These hours can be accrued before or after the course and exam. Attendees only, who pass the written exam, will also need to submit an additional video case study.

Participants and attendees who pass the written exam but who have not yet submitted evidence of the 200 hours experience will be awarded Provisional Certification.

Booking and further details:

Date Saturday 1 to Wednesday 5 June 2013
Time 9:00am to 5.00pm
Venue Guide Dogs Training School (Leamington), Edmonscote Manor, Warwick New Road, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 6AH

Course Fee:

Student Participant
£765

Student Attendee
£395

Fee includes:

Course fee for the 5 days, course materials, and lunch and refreshments. Please note that students need to arrange their accommodation separately.

http://www.oabc.org.uk/seminars/beha...or-s-course-2/
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Just stop putting these courses up :'( I so cant afford them and would love to go to some of them
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Sorry........... I know there a couple of people on here that are on the KCAI scheme so I was just trying to help...............
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm on kcai I don't even have the time or money to go to my assessors meetings in the next county
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2012, 06:22 AM
This is now sold out.