Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2012, 08:54 PM

Collie, Male 18 months

This is Dusty, a young and beautiful Collie. He is in need of a good home, staying with me atm. He was due to be PTS at 3pm today, I found out just after 2pm when I was at work, contacted my partner and arranged for the owners to bring him to me, in the nick of time. They were taking him vets to be PTS for apparently nipping someone, owners weren't there at the time though and think he was being wound up or provoked. They said they haven't seen an aggressive bone in his body but didn't want to take any risks with owning a busy holiday park. It would have been a huge shame and waste for this chap to have been destroyed, I was prepared with a muzzle thinking I would meet an out of control aggressive dog, but I didn't! They said he'd be fine to greet me and he was, shortly after he let me take him by his collar and walk him into the shop where I work. I then walked him home and he is in the garage (converted into a room and with a sofa!) until my partner comes home from work and we can introduce him to the boys!

He is strong on the lead, don't think he has had much training, but is fairly obedient anyway. Good with other dogs, has lived with cats and young children and is healthy. Will need plenty of exercise. He has been very affectionate to me, I cannot believe he was being taken to be PTS, so far he seems a truly lovely dog.

How can you destroy this....
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2012, 08:58 PM
he is gorgeous!!

well done u!! i hope he finds the home he deserves soon ...if i didnt have my pup......
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
he is gorgeous!!

well done u!! i hope he finds the home he deserves soon ...if i didnt have my pup......
Pretty isn't he!

How is that stunning pup of yours?!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Good luck with finding him a home and well done for taking him. Hope he knows how lucky he is.

rune
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Good luck with finding him a home and well done for taking him. Hope he knows how lucky he is.

rune
Thanks Rune.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 06:27 AM
He is really gorgeous no room here i'm afraid but there must be someone who could take him, how did the introduction go last night?
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 07:08 AM
He is gorgeous! Great work for fostering him.
If I got offered a permanent contract and kestral was ready id have him in a shot! There is a little black collie pup at work that looks just like him. Keep us posted
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Well done you, you've saved his life.

I will ask around, I don't know anyone who has any experience with this breed, but I'll ask all the dog owners I know.
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks all

The intro last night went fairly well, he is a young, entire and fairly submissive male, so the boys are a little edgy with him. But Dusty slept in the kitchen last night, they all had a run off lead together this morning are in the house together now, so not doing too bad!

Dusty is going to come to work with me today, i'm only there for 3 hours, I think he'll be fine, he can lay behind the counter on a bit of vet bed
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 02:08 PM
What a stunning boy! Can't believe anyone was going to put him to sleep. Well done you for rescuing him.. If I were closer I could be seriously tempted to introduce Kismet and see how they got on! She loves a collie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >