Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 08:47 AM

Very pleased with Darcey!

Darcey has been a bit of a pain in the bum this morning and already had a couple of squabbles with Cooper and Becka. I gave her kongs and a treat ball but she wasn't overly interested and was still out for causing trouble.
I decided to drag her into the kitchen for some intensive training
She's not really had much training, she knows sit and paw and that's a about it, so I got out the clicker and some tripe and we set to work.
Sit she already knows so that was an easy one and she understood that click meant treat pretty quickly. We then started on down which she mastered in a couple of tries, then touch which she still looks quite confused about We moved onto spin which is a big hit with the other dogs, and then started on some heel which she picked up almost immediately and we added in a few sits and downs to the heel work
We worked on our sit stay and then our down stay and the wait (leaving food) in the down.
I was only in there about 15 mins with her and she's now fast asleep.
Very pleased with her, she seems a lot more keen to learn and eager to please than Cooper is, perhaps I will have a HTM partner after all
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Darcey sounds like she is going to fit in just fine with you and your gang
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Excellent work, and well done to both of you. Nothing like mental stimulation to exhaust a dog

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Excellent ............you broke my thoughts as I was thinking about her this morning and how she is doing...well done
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I've got the chickens out in the garden for the first time since she's been with us today and she's doing better than I thought with them. She does what Cooper does and hits the conservatory window with her foot when they come to close.
Harry, Cooper and her are all sharing a bed together in the conservatory at the moment
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
I've got the chickens out in the garden for the first time since she's been with us today and she's doing better than I thought with them. She does what Cooper does and hits the conservatory window with her foot when they come to close.
Harry, Cooper and her are all sharing a bed together in the conservatory at the moment
Awwwwwwww how sweet