View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2012, 06:44 AM

Lace is a 10 wk old female shih tzu puppy.

14-04-12 Lace is a beautiful 10 wk old female shih tzu puppy. We were called by a vet as her owner went into the vet's to have her put to sleep as they could not afford the cost of the op to remove her eye. Lace had an uncler that had not been treated and it exploded. We have now had her eye removed and despite what she has been through is now very happy and is in fostered locally. She and will soon be ready to go to a very loving home.

23-04-12 UPDATE

This cheeky little monkey known as Lace has had her stitches out today and is feeling great and ready to go to her loving forever home. Lace is a very playful little girl who loves her toys, trotting around pouncing on things and exploring every corner. As I type this she is currently wrestling with an extra large rope ragger toy meant for a Labrador and is thoroughly enjoying herself - although I’m not sure who’s winning! Lace is coping with one eye very well indeed. At first she found it hard to judge steps and I’m not sure if this was due to having one eye or just because she is so small – she is after all just a baby and only 6” tall! The difference in her in just one week is nothing short of amazing and she is now charging around the garden as fast as her little legs will carry her and going up and down shallow steps with no problems - she is learning every day, behaving just like all little pups do and having one eye is not holding her back or slowing her down one little bit! She is a very bright and clever little pup who has almost mastered “sit” and is already on her way to being housetrained, toddling off to the back door when she needs to go. If we miss the signs she will use the newspaper placed there. She sleeps quietly all through the night in a large crate in the kitchen. Lace is happily living with my two dogs and two cats but her first love is people (closely followed by her dinner!) and we are greeted with a bouncing little dog with the waggiest tail every time one of us re-enters the room. I think she could be an only dog providing her people were around for most of the time and were prepared to spend a lot of time playing with her but it would be nice if she could have a doggy pal to play with too. Lace is an absolutely delightful little pup, ready and waiting for someone to come and love her forever.

BEING FOSTERED IN LAUGHARNE, CARMARTHENSHIRE
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Wow, what a babe! How awful for her to have had such a traumatic start, bless her, but I'm pretty sure that that won't stop that perfect family coming forward to give her the life she deserves.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2012, 06:53 AM
I would have her ...
one eye or two
Call her Wink,
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 03:34 PM
oh she is gorgeous... i wonder if mum wants a small dog i can visit.... haha
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 04:38 PM
I would have her too if I could cope with 3 dogs. She is lovely and reminds me of Cherry who also had to have an eye removed but at 10 years old.

At least being a young puppy she will adjust to it and cope fine. I hope she gets a five star home-she deserves it poor little mite.
Shelter Pups
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Ahhh What a sweet pupper!