Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2012, 01:11 PM

First step to desentisation in the car.

This morning. Rang the vet they have suggested Cerenia this is what his mum was given and she only needed it twice so fingers crossed.
Troulbe is he has to go to the vets for a health check before they will prescribe it fair enough but is he going to get sick before we get there ?

So earlier we went to the car on his collar and lead he knows the harness for the car and I didn't want to stress him so with some ginger biscuit and me getting him in then in myself on the back seat he had some biscuit and we pulled the door too and opened the window and sat there chatting as you do. For about 3 minutes then we got out locked up and walked round the corner to home. Hopefully by Saturday and the vet visit he may be a little less stressed especially if I can get round the corner driving then out for a walk and then home again driving.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 06:28 PM
It's that flippin car sickness rearing it's ugly head....

What I've done is to take them out as much as poss, dont feed them before any journey and make sure you have plenty of wipes and towels. Do lots of short journeys and dont make anything of it when they are sick.....

The thing is, once they get over this, the car is the bestest thing ever!!!

Good luck, I'm sure you will conquer the "dreaded car sickness" time.
xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
It's that flippin car sickness rearing it's ugly head....

What I've done is to take them out as much as poss, dont feed them before any journey and make sure you have plenty of wipes and towels. Do lots of short journeys and dont make anything of it when they are sick.....

The thing is, once they get over this, the car is the bestest thing ever!!!

Good luck, I'm sure you will conquer the "dreaded car sickness" time.
xx
I hope so. Saturday I went out with a big bag of towels, kitchen rolls, flask of warm water, bowl to pour it into, flask of peppermint tea he wouldn't touch it and Gordens back seats covered in quilt covers and towels. It reminded me of days out when the boys were babies and toddlers. Next time I will take a spare jumper.