Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 02:39 PM

Latest day

Can anyone tell me whats the latest day into a bitches season that they have known the bitch to get pregnant.

Mitch
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 03:01 PM
I've noticed quite a few people have looked, but I've had no repy's, does everyone understand the question

Mitch
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2005, 03:04 PM
sorry I cant help dont know anything about breeding.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 03:09 PM
The latest one of mine caught was day 20
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
The latest one of mine caught was day 20
Hi, did she have a litter

Mitch
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Mitch I can't say because any matings I have been involved with have been planned and took place between 9 and 15 days, but I would always take precautions until 28 days to allow for mis-calculations Not sure what is the very latest date that a mating has 'taken'.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 03:50 PM
She did get pregnant, but sadly had other problems and lost her litter at 7 weeks, she was bleeding right up to 5 weeks pregnant, scanned saw 7 healthy pups, because of the bleeding she was put on Anti-biotics, the bleeding stopped at 5 weeks so my vet thought it safe to stop the AB's, 2 weeks later my girl aborted, tested for CHV came back negative, only thing we could think was she had a nasty infection that was being kept at bay with the AB's and as soon as they stopped infection took over and killed the litter.

IF any of my girls ovulate this late again, I won't breed them, something just wasn't right from the start!
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Well I was actually planning a mating between my 2 Staffords Toesy and Rio. Everything had been planned but Rio came into season much later than expected and ended up being on day 13 the day I was going on my hols for a week. I tried to line her unsuccessfully from about day 10. On the evening of day 12 I took her to Jaynes (Jayneze) for some help. Rio was obviously far from being ready and was having none of it. I was a bit peed off but thought it can't be helped and I'll try next time. The dogs were seperated and I went on my hols. By the time I came back I didn't even think of trying them again knowing it was too late, Rio was on day 20 by then. Toesy wasn't showing much interest, they were together while I was around and seperated when I wasn't, which is my normal procedure anyway.
Then this morning before work I put all 3 Staffords in the garden for 15 mins, bearing in mind Rio was on day 24 by then and had totally dried up.When I went to call them in Toesy and Rio were tied together and even Ruby was trying to get in on the act lol So I ended up being late for work as I had to sit outside with them for 45 mins untill they seperated. I'm obviously happy it has happened but totally surprised. Whats the chances that Rio will end up being pregnant.

Mitch
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Still possible especially as she was accepting him, my girl had a mating on day 20 & 22, but my stud dog owner said she had a bitch mated on day 26 and she went on to have 9 puppies!! Which is a huge litter for a cocker spaniel, so I would say there is still a pretty good chance.
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
Still possible especially as she was accepting him, my girl had a mating on day 20 & 22, but my stud dog owner said she had a bitch mated on day 26 and she went on to have 9 puppies!! Which is a huge litter for a cocker spaniel, so I would say there is still a pretty good chance.
Hopefully I might be lucky then

Mitch
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >