Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2012, 01:29 AM

Kibble

it might sound odd,but , do you taste your dogs kibble?!i do.i do this to see how salty it is,please dont get me wrong im not haveing a bowl full,just a little lick!i was surprised at how salty some kibbles are,as far as the tin can stuff,nope!salt content is something a look at on the bag..humm, do you?
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2012, 03:23 AM
I didn't but I dared my son to try Luke's Orijen and he said it was gross lol
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I've never tasted Max's kibble (I'm vegetarian) but one of the moist pouches he gets in his mixed boxed are egg, so vegetarian and I have tried a small spoonful. It was quite nice actually. Given that Max always has more food in the house than us, it may do for next time I have nothing to eat!!

As a child I do recall eating the cats kibble and finding that very salty indeed.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-02-2012, 09:45 AM
No I can't say Iv'e ever tried it myself but this does remind me of a prank that was played some 20 years ago at a posh New Years Eve party.
It was held in a really nice hotel and on the bar they had the complimentary peanuts, snacks etc. Anyway a friend of mine decided it would be a good idea to empty one of the bowls of peanuts and swap them for hard fish shaped cat treats that he had bought with him.
I can still visualise people eating them now and struggling to chew them as they were so hard and cringing at the taste. As I'm typing this I am still trying to hold back the laughter now so you can imagine at the time how funny we found it.
It was by far the closest I have come to wetting myself in laughter as a fully grown adult.
The ironic thing is that now my friend runs a very successful business in the food industry.
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2012, 09:54 AM
A good friend of mine came to visit me on Wednesday and was telling me about what happened to her at the beginning of this week.
She'd followed her daughter into the kitchen after her daughter had made herself a salmon sandwich. She noticed her daughter hadn't wiped down the worktop and saw a chunk of salmon left on the counter. As she dislikes waste, she picked up the 'salmon' and popped it in her mouth.
What her daughter failed to tell her was that after she'd made her sandwich she fed the dog.......the chunk of 'salmon' was Butchers Tripe Mix My friend was gagging as she told the tale
If only she'd been wearing her glasses!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 11:36 AM

When my sons were very young they used to both be caught eating bits that came in the dog's xmas 'selection pack' ... yuk!

When I was a very young girl (about 8 yrs old - so during a previous reign) I remember thinking just how DELICIOUS the dog's tin of PAL looked when having been ordered to feed the dog. (It did! It looked like delicious steak and kidney pie filling in rich brown gravy!) And I tasted a bit. Oh EEEYUK! Can't remember exactly but the taste was not of meat. Maybe cod liver oil or something I associated with being horrible at that age. Never did it again!

*I'm guessing that 50 odd yrs ago, pet food manufacturers assumed the more the pet food 'looked' like meat - the more likely the owners would be to buy it?
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 11:40 AM
My sister used to eat the dog and cat food... I was never brave enough LOL
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Nope,
But sometimes on a slow day at work we have been known to sample the dog choc drops and gravey bones they taste ok.

I have tried some applaws cat food, the wet stuff that is actually just chicken.. tastes like chicken.

Kestral likes her food and that's all that matters to me, don't need to verify it myself first!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Kids told me the dog choc drops taste like wax. So I'm guessing the idiots have eaten wax as well as dog biscuits.
Pindonkey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2012, 02:52 PM
I have tasted my dogs food before,didnt really taste of anything but i couldnt live on it.

I have tried dog treats too,some were nice,some were not. But i assure you i dont go round tasting dog food on a regular basis,just curious really.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >