Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Anyone use Harringtons dog food?

In an emergency last week I bought some Harringtons dog food from Morrisons.

I waited with trepidation to see how the dogs would react.They both devoured it and have continued to do so without any fallout!

we have also had a major breakthrough with Fudge in that her pooping habits have become more regular(due to it being a cheaper food I assume) and she is no longer straining to do her number twos.

I had no intention swopping them from Burns as both dogs look fantastic on it and maintain a great lean weight.

However I am considering it for Fudge as it seems to really benefit her although I am aware it is early days to see any long term effects.

Sooooo,Who uses it and how do you find it? It is sold mainly in supermarkets and is cheaper than Burns but that is not my main consideration here.

Here is the link to their site if anyone wishes to explore it further.
http://www.harringtonsdogfood.co.uk/...gredients.aspx
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2012, 02:17 PM
I bought some once in an emergency, as it was the only brand in the store that had lamb and rice kibble which mine were on at the time.
It made my dogs poo orange though , so I gave it the neighbours for their labrador that can eat anything and never get's an upset tummy. They then came back and asked me where I got it from because their dog loved it and said it made his poo's smaller
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I've only used the puppy treats - or rather didn't as they made his poo runny.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I used it for the last three years with my last boy. He loved it and there was no fall-out at all. Poos were the same (solid) and he was just as regular (twice a day).

I found it to be a good food and readily available (which was why we changed from the original brand)
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Harringtons is one of the better foods you can buy in the supermarket, it used to be much better though, it had 26% meat in it but they changed the recipe and now its only 14% and its first ingredient is maize

Lathams is worth looking at, 26% meat with rice but no maize and chrondroitin and glucosamine for joints, thats available in Tesco as well

http://www.lathamsdogfood.com
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 06:09 PM
It was one of the last dry foods I bought for Millie before going to raw for good!!

Made millie hyper and hyper is not good as it makes her more prone to bitting -.-
never given it since.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Mine have 2 sacks on order. Tis not a bad food
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Had my dog on it, no problems Diesel gets bored of his food though, so I had to put him on tinned meat.....Otherwise he'd still be on it now
misskatie20
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
It was one of the last dry foods I bought for Millie before going to raw for good!!

Made millie hyper and hyper is not good as it makes her more prone to bitting -.-
never given it since.
I thought it was just coincidence kaya had this for her dinner, now she's running circles in my living room, woops!

I too ran out of dog food so picked this up from tesco, my word I hope she calms down its past bed time! X
Paul 4977
New Member!
Male 

16-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
In an emergency last week I bought some Harringtons dog food from Morrisons.

I waited with trepidation to see how the dogs would react.They both devoured it and have continued to do so without any fallout!

we have also had a major breakthrough with Fudge in that her pooping habits have become more regular(due to it being a cheaper food I assume) and she is no longer straining to do her number twos.

I had no intention swopping them from Burns as both dogs look fantastic on it and maintain a great lean weight.

However I am considering it for Fudge as it seems to really benefit her although I am aware it is early days to see any long term effects.

Sooooo,Who uses it and how do you find it? It is sold mainly in supermarkets and is cheaper than Burns but that is not my main consideration here.

Here is the link to their site if anyone wishes to explore it further.
http://www.harringtonsdogfood.co.uk/...gredients.aspx
We have been using Harringtons for the last nine months since it was recommended by a friend as a possible cure for our GSD pups tricky tum. The dog now has a fantastic coat, is full of life and a picture of good health, having previously been seriously ill with Giardia, three different types of E-Coli and Campylobacter (all at the same time). Even our vet was amazed at how well she has come on. Ok, perhaps this type of food may not suit all dogs, but we are very happy with it and recommend our friends try feeding their dogs with it, especially if the dog has a problem with other food.