Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 04:10 PM

What was this dog?

Whilst I accept this dog could have been a cross of anything, I wondered if it was actually a breed anyone knew of.

I was driving home the other night and it was late, I still feel guilty for not stopping but there was a dog running about in the road, of course I stopped and waiting and the poor little sod nearly ran straight under a tram.

It looked just like a little black staffy but didn't have the right shaped head, it was thinner than a staffie, but it just looked thin but it's head was finer than a staffie's.

I wondered, from what I could see if it could be a bandog? I don't know what these are but have seen some pics of them on here. I'm afraid I'm hopeless with breeds but it looked like a staffie maybe it's legs were a little too long and like I said a finer head.

Is this a breed or is it a cross?
I so nearly stopped and got it in the car to take home - it was gorgeous! I knew that I couldn't though, first of all, family would go ballistic as would cats! I would not be flavour of the month!

The shame is, there's so many people round here that let their dogs run loose I cannot undertand it.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Could have been any kind of cross Lottie. Bandogs are generally rather large and muscular. I hope the little one found safety.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Oh right, I had only seen one photo of a bandog and it looked a bit like that from what I could see.

I thought it was probably just a cross.

I feel so sorry for this little one it makes me so angry that people can just leave their dogs to run around on the tram tracks.

I wanted to take him home with us, but knew that the parents would have something to say (and the cats!)

Lottie