Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 07:57 AM

Good morning to you! - Thursday!

Morning all,

I have a locksmith coming at 10.30 to have a look at my front door, then I’ll be taking the decorations and tree down and doing some housework , as my cleaner is ill and hasn’t been for 3 weeks........

Of course, I have to prise myself away from the PC first.......

I wonder where the dusters and the hoover live?

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
Money is the root of all evil, and man needs roots.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Morning all!

Well what a stormy night. Wheelie bins sent flying and I daren't look out yet to see if there's any damage. A few miles down the road from us, the newscast says that a stables has been blown out of its field and across a road so you can guess what the winds have been like. I've been up most of the night with this dreadful cough so sitting listening to it really didn't help

Not sure what, if anything, we are doing today. Much depends on whether the winds drop and what sort of time. Looks like it could be a pretty boring day in prospect.

Finished the book I got for Christmas yesterday - 'Marley and Me'. A good read if anyone's thinking of getting it. A mixture of laughing out loud and tears (especially at the end). I think every dog owner will feel familiar with what's in the book and it really does bring back both happy and sad memories of our own dogs past and present.

Have a good day all and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Good luck with finding the hoover Vicki.

I took our decs down yesterday. In a bit of a tizzy Gorden has taken my car keys to work and I promised I would pick Owen up and look after him as he is unwell and Tracey has her theory test today. Thank goodness he is only down the road now. Safely returned for his wallet as he needs to put petrol in.

Visiting mum tonight with Gill and thank goodness she has been moved to the rehabilitation hospital in Brentwood so only a 30+ mile round trip not 60+ miles when we visit. On the plus side she is under her Sarcoidosis Consultant when she is in there. Hopefully they will do the right thing this time.

Love the gem today. Have a good day all.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Morning all!

Well what a stormy night. Wheelie bins sent flying and I daren't look out yet to see if there's any damage. A few miles down the road from us, the newscast says that a stables has been blown out of its field and across a road so you can guess what the winds have been like. I've been up most of the night with this dreadful cough so sitting listening to it really didn't help

Not sure what, if anything, we are doing today. Much depends on whether the winds drop and what sort of time. Looks like it could be a pretty boring day in prospect.

Finished the book I got for Christmas yesterday - 'Marley and Me'. A good read if anyone's thinking of getting it. A mixture of laughing out loud and tears (especially at the end). I think every dog owner will feel familiar with what's in the book and it really does bring back both happy and sad memories of our own dogs past and present.

Have a good day all and stay safe
Morning Chris

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Good luck with finding the hoover Vicki.

I took our decs down yesterday. In a bit of a tizzy Gorden has taken my car keys to work and I promised I would pick Owen up and look after him as he is unwell and Tracey has her theory test today. Thank goodness he is only down the road now. Safely returned for his wallet as he needs to put petrol in.

Visiting mum tonight with Gill and thank goodness she has been moved to the rehabilitation hospital in Brentwood so only a 30+ mile round trip not 60+ miles when we visit. On the plus side she is under her Sarcoidosis Consultant when she is in there. Hopefully they will do the right thing this time.

Love the gem today. Have a good day all.
Morning Lynn
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Morning Cuz xxx

The heavens have just opened again, cold wet and very windy once more.

Have a good one love, and to all dogsey...enjoy but keep safe xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2012, 10:12 AM
'morning Vicki, 'morning all

You'll find the dusters and the hoover in the cupboard in the hall

Raining here, that's such a relief 'cos we normally have snow, the hurricanes that have been sweeping England and Scotland have also been in central Europe but we seem to have been spared so far

Best wishes to you all.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Morning all,

Brierley, I read Marley and Me not too long ago and found myself howling at the end. It's a lovely read.

Shattered just now cause Dougal woke us scraping a comfy patch on our new couch! Twice! First at 4am then again at 6am (and I had just managed to get back to sleep).

Today I'm at study again...I'll be out later with Dougal cause we didn't get out last night with the rain and wind. Maybe that'll stop him scratching at the couch tonight!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Just got back from an hour long walk with the big dogs, and now, everyone is napping.

In stark contrast you you all over there, the weather has been extremely warm. It's been above freezing most days (and a fair number of nights too) since the week long cold snap in November... Yesterday it hit 10C It's still above freezing at nearly 4am! We've been taking advantage big time!!! It's often too cold to walk in January, so this is a blessing!

I'm hoping this isn't just the calm before the storm though... Things could get very ugly very quickly (think -40C or lower)

Enjoy your day everyone and stay safe!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-01-2012, 02:19 PM
צהריים טובים יום חמישי

Afternoon Vicki, afternoon all

I am not sure what has happened with today but it will be getting dark soon and the day has just vanished. I think I have been sitting here half asleep for most of it.

I hope everyone is managing to keep safe and warm. It is rather nippy here today and I think we are in for more heavy rain. Brrrrrrrr