Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2011, 01:15 PM

Dillons first trip to the vet.

Went very well he was swamped by receptinists and nurses who came out too see him and lapped up the fuss.

We saw the vet who saw Ollie on the fateful Thursday before he was admitted to hospital for 10 days. She was very impressed with him in all ways his confidence couldn't find a thing wrong with him on his health check and seems she knows of his Sires owner and was impressed with that too.

I spoke to her about vaccinations and she said they only do boosters every 3 years now except for lepto which they do every year. She is happy if we decide not to have him done after his frist vacinations as she understands our concerns about Bernese being a breed who have delicate immune systems. She wouldn't microchip today as she wanted him to have the vaccs first and she said she doesn't like to stress them out too much although she didn't feel Dillon was at all stressed. She will do it next time when he has his second jab in two weeks. She has told us he may be lethargic off his food and have a small possibility of some vomiting and diarrhea but it sholdn't be bad if we are worried to ring.

So a good visit and a vet that listens.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 01:45 PM
It's just so good to have confidence in a vet isn't it? When I took Rosie for her first visits, the vet was wonderful with her - spending five minutes or so before doing anything at all just playing with her and letting her 'kiss' his face . The result is that Rosie thinks the vet is wonderful
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Makes all the difference doesn't it ?

I forgot to mention he weighs 8.2 kgs.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Big puppy!

Hocus had his first jab yesterday and loved going. The vet put a couple of treats on the table for him and while he was scoffing did the jab, he didn't even notice!!

Weighs 5.4kgs.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Blimey, your arms are going to feel like lead carrying this baby around
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-12-2011, 04:53 PM
8.2 Kgs. wow he really is growing isn't he I guess it pleased you to know that the vet was aware of the breeder and approved, at least that's how I read your post.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Excellent Lynn,
Pleased all is well,he's a big pup isn't he
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Lovely to read all is going well with your cutie. It's great to hear he is so confident and happy. Wishing him a long and healthy life with you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Big puppy!

Hocus had his first jab yesterday and loved going. The vet put a couple of treats on the table for him and while he was scoffing did the jab, he didn't even notice!!

Weighs 5.4kgs.
Yes big puppy. Dillon didn't flinch either at the jab and was very happy to receive his treat in fact the got two for being so gentle.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Blimey, your arms are going to feel like lead carrying this baby around
Won't be able to do it much longer he is already a bit on the heavy side if you have to carry him for too ong.

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
8.2 Kgs. wow he really is growing isn't he I guess it pleased you to know that the vet was aware of the breeder and approved, at least that's how I read your post.
He certainly is growing Harvey. Vet didn't know his breeder but she is aware of the Sires owner and approves.

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Excellent Lynn,
Pleased all is well,he's a big pup isn't he
Thnaks Sal yes he is big.

Originally Posted by brophy View Post
Lovely to read all is going well with your cutie. It's great to hear he is so confident and happy. Wishing him a long and healthy life with you
Thank you.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Eeeeeeeek!

Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Big puppy!

Weighs 5.4kgs.
Eeeeeeeek!

Big puppies! I have no idea what either Little One or Pereg weighed when they were pups as the first time either went to the surgery was when they were booked in to be spayed.

It is so nice when Vets are so good with young puppies!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >