Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2011, 01:14 PM

Dillons frist trip to the vet.

Went very well he was swamped by receptinists and nurses who came out too see him and lapped up the fuss.

We saw the vet who saw Ollie on the fateful Thursday before he was admitted to hospital for 10 days. She was very impressed with him in all ways his confidence couldn't find a thing wrong with him on his health check and seems she knows of his Sires owner and was impressed with that too.

I spoke to her about vaccinations and she said they only do boosters every 3 years now except for lepto which they do every year. She is happy if we decide not to have him done after his frist vacinations as she understands our concerns about Bernese being a breed who have delicate immune systems. She wouldn't microchip today as she wanted him to have the vaccs first and she said she doesn't like to stress them out too much although she didn't feel Dillon was at all stressed. She will do it next time when he has his second jab in two weeks. She has told us he may be lethargic off his food and have a small possibility of some vomiting and diarrhea but it sholdn't be bad if we are worried to ring.

So a good visit and a vet that listens.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 07:11 PM
That's great news.......the first experience is so very important isn't it, and Dillon had nothing to worry about there it seems.

It's also good that your vet is thinking about the specifics of the breed; that is worth it's weight in gold.

Give him a cuddle from me please
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Sounds like all went well.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 09:15 PM
yeah, lets hope he never gets the fear of the fear of the vets. Thankfully phoebe loves the vets, as were there so much
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2011, 09:40 PM
glad it went well my dog cannot stand the vets, no matter how nice they seem and how many gravy bones they can produce out of their pockets!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
That's great news.......the first experience is so very important isn't it, and Dillon had nothing to worry about there it seems.

It's also good that your vet is thinking about the specifics of the breed; that is worth it's weight in gold.

Give him a cuddle from me please
Cuddles duly given. It is nice to have a vet that knows a bit about the breed and if they don't trust that you have done your research and are wiling to listen to your views.

Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
Sounds like all went well.
It certainly did thank goodness

Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
yeah, lets hope he never gets the fear of the fear of the vets. Thankfully phoebe loves the vets, as were there so much
I hope not too, Ollie did and it was a nightmare.

Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
glad it went well my dog cannot stand the vets, no matter how nice they seem and how many gravy bones they can produce out of their pockets!
That is a shame and having had a dog that was not happy at the vets I can sympathise. I was very pleased with our first visit and hopefully as it was so positive Dillon will not mind going in the future.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 04:48 PM
What a little star.
I can just imagine them all out cooing and fussing over him. Who could blame them.
Glad it all went well and long may that continue for you xx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2011, 06:39 PM
So pleased this went well for you ,Lynn and that Dillon took it in his stride-he now seems to have quite a fan club!!!!

I agree that the first visit should be one as unstressful as possible to make further visits easier

I remember your posts after losing your Ollie-as we lost our Lulu about 2 weeks before
I hope that Dillon brings you much joy-you certainly deserve it
Maureen
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Well done Dillon
I'm glad you have faith in your vet too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
What a little star.
I can just imagine them all out cooing and fussing over him. Who could blame them.
Glad it all went well and long may that continue for you xx
Thank you. He certainly attracts attention and loves it.

Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
So pleased this went well for you ,Lynn and that Dillon took it in his stride-he now seems to have quite a fan club!!!!

I agree that the first visit should be one as unstressful as possible to make further visits easier

I remember your posts after losing your Ollie-as we lost our Lulu about 2 weeks before
I hope that Dillon brings you much joy-you certainly deserve it
Maureen
Thank you Maureen.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Well done Dillon
I'm glad you have faith in your vet too.
Thank you. I have every faith in this vet she is wonderful in fact the whole practice although a small one are very good.