Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NeedAdvice
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2011, 09:42 PM

My Mother is an Idiot

I am angry with my mum today I have just discovered she is an idiot (took long enough lol ) So I was talking to her on the phone discussing the recent revelation about Katie being pregnant and my worries about her and the pups.When we got to the subject of rehoming any puppies she seemed very keen to have one and showed great interest .What better than agreeing your own mum can protect one and keep it safe eh ? ----WRONG She said she only wants a girl so she can make money by breeding it !!!! No wonder I left home early lol If I didnt live 4 hours away I would be shaking her right now grrrrrr These puppies are not even born and the mother is weak and any subsequent puppies would need the best possible and to be spayed or neutered. So I told her in no uncertain terms I wont let her go near my dog or her puppies she said why am I even telling her then then hung up on me !
On the plus side katie is doing well today and has been investigating her new bedroom she seems to like it and even carried her toys into her new bed. Shes very lazy though and will not stand up to have her photo took just keeps rolling on the floor
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Oh no i would have gone mad too!

My mum is an idiot too, she asked me 5 years ago why on earth I got a 'killer dog', and why on earth I got a rescue not a proper dog from a breeder! ...anyway...I got another... and both mine behave better than her psycho "Labradoodle"!

Mine only lives 2 hours away, i'm jealous yours lives double the distance

Great news Katie is doing well, well done
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 09:55 PM
I am delighted that Katie is doing well, and is settling into the nursery/labour ward! She is bound to be feeling lazy, she would probably like to just sleep the day away with a tummy full of pups.

Mothers can be awful creatures - although I am now a granny and am naturally perfect

You sound to have your head screwed on properly regarding animals, and Katie has landed on her paws I think. Do let us know when we need to start pacing the floor; I am getting nervous already!
NeedAdvice
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Lol would you like to swop mums ?

Your mum will probably want to know why I own a mix breed mongrel not a proper dog from a breeder
NeedAdvice
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks Bitkins well I know about looking after cats and help rescue them, but never experienced looking after dogs before so if I start putting threads on here saying "My dog wont use litter tray" or "Dog wont chase toy mice " you know why lol
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm luckier than most, my mum (90 in few months) lives with me and puts up with my various waifs - presently 2 Boxers, two cats and one kitten and er um de dum another wee kitten waif in the pipeline
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I'm luckier than most, my mum (90 in few months) lives with me and puts up with my various waifs - presently 2 Boxers, two cats and one kitten and er um de dum another wee kitten waif in the pipeline
I think that you are luckier than most - I have just had a quick tot up of my friends, and there is only one who has/had a decent mother
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I think that you are luckier than most - I have just had a quick tot up of my friends, and there is only one who has/had a decent mother
Awh that is so sad. I have to say mine has always been 100% for her family, it meant everything to her - still does. Perhaps family means more now that dad has passed away.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by NeedAdvice View Post
Thanks Bitkins well I know about looking after cats and help rescue them, but never experienced looking after dogs before so if I start putting threads on here saying "My dog wont use litter tray" or "Dog wont chase toy mice " you know why lol

Thank you for the laugh before bedtime! I hope Katie is getting some rest before the big event.

Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Awh that is so sad. I have to say mine has always been 100% for her family, it meant everything to her - still does. Perhaps family means more now that dad has passed away.
You may be right, but then again perhaps some women were just not meant to be mothers
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 10:49 PM
I just had a nosey around your profile Needsadvice , if you want to change your username then you can!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >