Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 08:57 AM

the war in the world today!!

ok im going to open a huge can of worms here but just wondered what everyones views on the state of the world today

ie president bush and his war against iraq??

the war on terrorism

tony blairs approach to it all??

just curious what are your views????
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 10:10 AM
urm i'll just watch this thread with interest
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
urm i'll just watch this thread with interest
come on inca give us your 2ps worth
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 10:16 AM
you may not like it...............
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 10:34 AM
its a debate hun therfore you are alowwed to say what ever you feel or think who cares what anyone else thinks its a free world and we are all entitled to our own oppinions, after yesterdays attempted attacks i wanted to see what everyone elses view on the state of the world we live in was
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 10:42 AM
the war in Iraq............expensive loss of lives to prove a point to George Bush that GB are still hack it in the real world.......

war on terror ..well Sep 11th started all of this Bush wanted his own back and now we have a free for all who can make bombs ............. I think this is only the start
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 10:46 AM
i totally agree inca

war on iraq,, george bush trying to finish what his father started in the gulf war,, where are those weapons of mass destruction??? did they find any no, if anything he has fuelled the fire and made things worse, and like always britain follows with tail between legs!!!

war on terror,, september 11th was a farce, all those lives lost and peoples lives devastated and people are gunna tell me that there was no warning!! my backside, there where plenty of warnings, but good ole president bush thought america was untouchable!!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 12:02 PM
I think all I will say on this is that the sooner religion dies a natural death, the better (if the human race survives that long)
I can understand wars over territory, water, even stupid personal things like insults etc but once you get into 'my god's bigger than your god, ny god says you infidels (of whatever or no faith) have to be destroyed' - there's no hope.

................is there?
I don't have a lot of faith in the race lasting many more centuries, and I do have a sneaking worry that there may be something cataclysmic relatively soon.

But, I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it. Enjoy life while you can.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 12:26 PM
i think fighting over a " entity" like "god" id bloomin stupid .. no one has even proven such an entity exsists yet so why fight over it ..
if women ruled the world it would be a dam sight better all round !!!!!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-07-2005, 12:28 PM
well i always get in trouble for debate posts, but well i want to post my views, so...........
War on Iraq: IMO it was a mass slaughter of lives and seemed to acheive (SP?) nothing, what was their reason for waging war upon Iraq?
Was it to destroy terrorism training camps? If so this would be a never ending task, becuase as soon as one was destroyed surely they would start another.

To destroy the weapons of mass destruction? Was it ever proved there were weapons of mass destruction?

To take the oil for America? Well i remain passive on this one, as i have a strong suspicion about it.

War on terror: Well 9/11 started this one, life was lost on a mass scale, it was a grave day for mankind, and it shook the world still to today. But when the war on terrorism was waged wasnt this just causing more blood shed?
Didnt this make our countries as bad as Iraq and such?
As the saying goes, Two wrong do not make a right.

The human race can not kill each other forever, there will come a day when we face our fall. A great demise of our race will come and by this time it will probably be our children, grandchildren, great grand children who will be paying the price for our generations mistakes.
Is it fare to condem future generations due to the opinions and views of a few individual people who are in charge of running the most powerful countries of the world?
My answer is no.
But it really gets to me when we have certain politicians who sit there and say they do not believe in war, that is a necesaty (sp?).

it is a cold fact of nature that our race, the human race are unsatisfied with life, the human race will never be happy they will always want more.
More land, more soldiers, more power more of what another country has.
They will never rest, it will never stop.
When will our race realise that we are destroying all around us, will it be when the rainforests are destroyed?
Will it be when we begin to wipe out entire countries?
Will it be when we bring every other species, race, religion etc to its knees?
Will it be when we have destroyed all but our own and then when we turn against each other?

When will it stop?
What will bring our race to their senses?

It has been proven multiple times that war brings nothing but death and destruction.

Now this is what gets to me most, people in World War Two sacrificed their lives and battled until the end for our freedom, for our liberty and we repay them by causing more war, more destruction, more death. It is a shambles and i truly believe the world will fall to their knees due to war, politics and power and then thier will be no return, and all will sit and weep about if only they hadnt bombed this country, or destroyed this colony, or ripped up this kind of tree.
There is a song that is very relative here, which has lyrics as follows.

'Day of judgment god is calling,
on thier knees the war pigs crawling,
begging mercies for their sins,
Satan laughing spreads his wings'

There will never be an end, we will never learn and then we will wish we had when it is too late

Sorry if i have offended anyone but these are my opnions
Best wishes
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >