View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 06:24 PM

On a lovely day in autumn my true love brought to me.....

....2 large rotties and a cheeky 5 month old GSD

Hubby and youngest daughter took his friends 2 rotties (Kaia and Blaze) out on a walk with Ranger. Hope you like

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Lovely autumnal pics (with all the leaves on the ground) But who does that huge spiky collar belong to?
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 07:06 PM
the 2 spike collars belong to the rotties. They only ever wear them out on walks, and then get them taken off half the time when they are off leash. They're owner is a character and loves the fact they look so tough when they have them on, even though they are as soft as butter
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
the 2 spike collars belong to the rotties. They only ever wear them out on walks, and then get them taken off half the time when they are off leash. They're owner is a character and loves the fact they look so tough when they have them on, even though they are as soft as butter
Strange lol
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 07:24 PM
OMG the collars! That's all I noticed!

They could take another dogs eye out and cause serious injury! Think I'd be saying something to the owner! It isn't really funny!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Can I ask why the collars are taken off on walks? Surely this is one of the most crucial times for a dog to be wearing one (not to mention a legal requirement), if they were to bolt then a collar would not only help ID them but be useful for people to catch them by too. I can understand people taking collars off in the house or even in the garden if the dogs are the kind to play by grabbing each other's necks, but not on walks

Very gorgeous doggies though!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Can I ask why the collars are taken off on walks? Surely this is one of the most crucial times for a dog to be wearing one (not to mention a legal requirement), if they were to bolt then a collar would not only help ID them but be useful for people to catch them by too. I can understand people taking collars off in the house or even in the garden if the dogs are the kind to play by grabbing each other's necks, but not on walks

Completely agree. But god help anyone who has to grab hold of those collars in an emergency!
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post

no idea, not my dogs I don't take Rangers off, and tbh, where the dogs get taken is a very secluded walk at the back of some farms, where there are very few people around. It's very rare that they meet anyone else, and the dogs have very good recall and come back when called.

They most definitely aren't the type of collars I would choose, but each to their own
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Aww Bless 'em All gorgeous Thanks for sharing x
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-10-2011, 09:36 PM
love the dogs lol and i can understand why they would want the harnesses taken of when playing of lead, it makes them look hard and who wants to try and catch a hard looking dog if they see one on its own
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >