Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2011, 05:40 PM

Google Adwords

Has anyone used this?

I am trying to set an advert up for the company I work for. I've got the advert done, selected keywords, offered to pay well over the CPC suggested rate, but nothing seems to be happening! If I type all the keywords into Google, we are nowhere to be seen.

I've only done it today, but I assumed it was instant?

Any tips greatly appreciated
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-10-2011, 05:48 PM
I think you have to keep increasing your 'bid' - although it should tell you the expected position on the bid price you select too.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Oh, I must have done something wrong then, because I bid way over what they suggested, and I don't think they gave me a position. I shall have to investigate further...
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2011, 11:32 PM
What times have you set the ad to show? Maybe you are checking at the wrong time. Have you set a limit to how much you will pay in a month because otherwise it's possible to end up with a very hefty bill. Keep a good check daily on what you are spending so there's no shock at the end of the month.

I wouldn't set the price at way over the others, maybe just he same as the highest bid so yours comes up first or second. Remember to set your keywords to go to the page of the item, there's nothing worse than clicking on an advert for eg black bras and you get taken to the main page of the site instead of black bras and then having to search for them. I usually click the back button if that happens.