Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2011, 07:57 PM

''I let my dog poo in your gateways...''

......just heard what my boss said to my Dad the other day, something like: ''I let my dog poo in your gateways because at least then it's not on the road''

Ok there are bigger crimes but I was a little shocked I pick up our dogs mess if it's on a road or not and I hate it when people leave it in our gateways (this dog is fed bakers aswell so it is pretty bad ).

I asked what Dads reply was, expecting him not to be happy as he gets annoyed about this sort of thing (going as far as walking to the persons house and dumping poo inside their door while the person was stood there - poo was not in a bag ) but he wasn't listening to him properly at the time so just grunted in reply (my little sister was listening though).

I can't say much as I don't want make things difficult work wise, but I am going to put up signs in our gateways and prehaps talk to a colleague.

I am very temped to pick any up that I see and leave it out side his house and see how he likes it

Any one got any good ideas on what to do????
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I would not put ideas into people's heads by erecting signs.

I have this problem too, and if I could catch the owner responsible I would place this poo where he would not like it!

I actually reduced this problem hugely by investing in chilli sauce, i sprinkle it every morning round my two posts and the incidents are down to about two a month now, and that is usually because I am not there to sprinkle it.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Because it would make me so angry and I would have to do something about it - every time it happened I would pick it up and personally return it to him. or leave it on his doorstep.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Ewww... how anti-social. Do you have a good dog warden in your area?

I would be far too tempted to bag it up and shove it through his letterbox.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
Because it would make me so angry and I would have to do something about it - every time it happened I would pick it up and personally return it to him. or leave it on his doorstep.
vengence lol ^^
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Ewww... how anti-social. Do you have a good dog warden in your area?

I would be far too tempted to bag it up and shove it through his letterbox.
My Mum actually did this when we lived at Great Yarmouth. The bloke down the road had 2 Greyhounds (they did massive poops ) and he swore at my Mum when she asked him to clear up after one of them when it pooped outside our house. She put it in newspaper and shoved it through his letterbox
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Disgusting behaviour......

He shouldn't be allowed to keep dogs in my opinion
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Actually, one of my neighbours did put a sign in their gateway (guy across the road just will not pick up).

It read:

To the very nice gentleman who lets his dog soil in this gateway. I know who you are thanks to the video footage taken from my window yesterday morning. The next time I find any dog mess in this gateway, the footage, together with your address will be forwarded to the dog warden.

I don't know if there actually was any video footage, but I do know that the guy across the road now leashes his dog walking along the road and the sign disappeared about two weeks later. I assume that the problem was solved.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 09:29 PM
ive done this - picked it up gone up to this and said "sorry you left this behind" while handing them a bag of poop and just walked of smiling. it gets the point across without getting to nasty
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks for all the replies, in the past we put up threatening signs tied to a ropes hung across the front of the gateways and they helped a lot and I was thinking about putting some back up.

Chilli sauce idea sounds good but do you have to sprinkle to whole area? Just that we have three/four large gateways and a very small one but each have a large area of grass infront of them because of the thick devon hedges/banks which could mean a lot of chilli sauce!
There are also people who go riding with a dog following so it goes where ever it likes aswell, quite often right in our drive.

I've actually found out that this man was the one person in our village who supposedly tried to sort out the dog mess issue in our village .......... I think that was before he got a dog that can c*** for england
And aparently he gets a neighbour to keep an eye on dog walkers that walk past his house or at least he used to.

I am starting to wonder if this is a wind up though

I feel like putting up a sign saying something like:

''Dog mess found in this area will be returned to your door or letterbox, our service does not extend to putting it in a bag.
Please note if you wish to continue using our service we expect payment in the form of fines.''

I feel like such a sad person sat here thinking of signs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >