Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2011, 10:57 PM

Fleas in the house

hi,
Uma the cat has brought fleas into the house all the animals have been treated with frontline, what can I use on the house? Is there anything I can buy over the counter that will work, want to get it over the weekend before we are eaten alive.
Thanks
ATD x
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-09-2011, 11:22 PM
When we first moved into our house, we bought a 'flea bomb' by Bob Martin from the local petshop.

It was a little canister that was on legs, pull out the pin and vacate for a few hours. The vapour was released around the room and it got rid of the fleas. I would recommend this to anyone.

Hope it works.

Good Luck
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Hi,
I have used Acclaim that i bought in P@H apparently its a really good household flea treatment However, i frontlined my three dogs nearly 4wks ago, and they are still scratching themselves to bits, and caught a couple of adult fleas on Drift yesterday so really think the Frontline isn't working, but got to wait now to try something else on them

Jann xx
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Get some Acclaim - you can buy it in Boots for about £13.

Spray the whole house with it, one can is more than enough for the average home. It lasts for 6 months or more (in my experience, more) and it stops the fleas from breeding.

Fleas don't breed on the animals, they hop off and lay their eggs in corners, crevices and soft furnishings. If you can stop them doing this, you'll be on top of it.

If you fleaproof your home then it doesn't matter what the dogs and cats bring in - they just don't get a chance to proliferate.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Because I do not put stuff on my dogs I spray my house and car with Acclaim/Indorex every six months. I rotate them.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 08:37 AM
When we moved into our house it was infested with flees, we couldn't even bring the furniture in for a week! We were going to try the flee bombs but as we needed them in every room we found it was cheaper to get the fumigators in who did the whole house for £50 from the council. (We own privately so it doesn't have to be a council house) We just had to stay out for about 4 hours.
Even though we ripped all the carpets up, they were bouncing out of the floorboards!! The men in space suits did a good job though