Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2011, 11:43 AM

Gutted!! Cello baffling the experts

Cello was taken off all meds yesterday with the hope that if he remained symptom free for 24 hours he would be coming home tomorrow.

Just had a phone call to say that Cello has relapsed and is again finding it difficult to urinate

So, today he is on bute and will be having a pelvic scan later today as well as a lumbar tap. If these tests come back inconclusive he will be transferred to Newmarket.

For now the 3 main lines of investigation are: Equine Herpes (which he's been vaccinated against),a retained testicle (he behaves more like a seaside donkey than a rig!) or a neurological disorder.

I am absolutely at my wits end. With Molly going in for Xrays on Friday I will steal a quote from a good friend of mine...'I don't know whether I want a sh*t, shave or haircut!'
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Oh how horrible for you. There is nothing worse than NOT knowing.

I hope that things lift for your soon.
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Oh how horrible for you. There is nothing worse than NOT knowing.

I hope that things lift for your soon.
Thanks SB, you're right it is the not knowing that's the frustrating and worrying part. A definitive diagnosis may not contain the best news in the world, but we would at least know and be able to tackle the problem head on.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh dear, sounds like it's really baffling them doesn't it with your poor lad I'm so sorry you still haven't got a diagnosis, but if he does have to go up to Newmarket, I'm sure they'll find out the problem up there, and I hope they can help him out and get him back home to you soon.

What with Molly dog going in for those x-rays and the horse to worry about too, I can understand the state you're in. It'll come good and soon I hope.xxx