Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:25 PM

Why do people get offended;

When I either put my dogs onlead, or if already on lead put myself between the dogs? Its just it happened today with a gorgeous black and white Staffy cross, I know its young and excitable, and that can set Honey off, she gives younguns puppy licences, but once they get over a certain age, or height thats it, sometimes she air snaps through fear, sometimes to teach manners when their jumping over her, or around her, and it can cause problems, so to avoid that I avoid others, so today I moved off to the side and into someones driveway, I got called a 'stupid b***h' when asked why was told he's not aggresive, and replied well mine can be, as although she's not really hurt a dog, she can be too quick to react, never got a apology though , and its happened before, even with JRT's, but why do people get offended when I do this, you would think that they would have a reason to if something happened, not for getting out of their way, stupid people, I mean Im trying to make it easier with my dog, not judge theirs or anything . Anyone else had this before?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes, but you cannot legislate for a**holes, so I just ignore them.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:32 PM
sadly yes, some people just dont think that your being responsible. but on teh other hand ive also had a few say thankyou for giving them space to pass ect with their dog
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:37 PM
peeps need to think before speaking!!!

..i can see why they may of 'reacted' as i feel the same when peeps put their sociable dogs on lead when they see tupac and flea coming....just because of how they look.....unknown dogs well,u cant get offended about leads..can u ... ****!

... didnt realise thats a swear word!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:50 PM
I put Louie on lead unless I know the dog - mainly because Louie hasn't developed all his manners yet and we're working on impulse control.. (he does have to stay until the dog I know is nearer so he can walk nicely up to them and he goes on lead until I know the dog is OK) but also because I don't know how the other dog is..

I wouldn't worry about the idiot - he'd have had worse choice words to say if you didn't leash them.. and it would be a shame for him and his dog to find out any consequences of them not being leashed... just shrug it off
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:52 PM
It just annoys me, its like get over yourself! Although tbh mine might look socaible on walks, they run around playing, and are happy dogs, but if I see another in the field the dogs are put on lead whether they are friendly or not, regardless of what they look like, they are fast muscly dogs, and although they're only 24tts they are taller then some others, and can run and go deaf and cover large distances quickly, and when playing their way can scare other dogs, making the other dog run, which makes them think its another game, which makes other dog more scared, which makes it easier to just put them onlead, which can cause problems if the other dog runs up overexcited , but if I get chance will ask the owners if its allright to play but some take offence because they don't think, if I just had the one it wouldn't be so bad, but I have two . Layla don't know what you wrote, but I remember writing snigger on one forum and it coming up as s****** lol, which is why I starred out bitch earlier, its allright when talking bout dogs, but that one was a insult, and being a forum I didn't know the rules lol.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:55 PM
You just have to keep one thing to the forefront of your mind..............

You cannot stop people CHOOSING to take offence.

You cannot change other people, however you CAN change YOUR attitude to THEM.

So pretending not to hear is very useful!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I have to leash Parker when we see Staffies as he really doesn't like them anymore after lots of bad experiences and sometimes the owners can be narky when I ask them to keep their dogs away but "Ces't la vie"!

If they let their dog come charging up to him he does usually upend them on to their backs and chase them away which is not a good look so personally I would rather someone told me there was a problem!

I am trying to develop a thicker skin as I am quite sensitive by nature and don't like nasty comments/swearing.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I’ve had people picking dogs up when they see Buster coming and the only comment I’ve really had was when my dog was off lead on a field and this women said "I’m getting off here now" in a nasty tone so I said "good for you love" in a sarcastic tone. The woman was worried my dog was going to eat hers or something because of his size but I don’t tend to get that much grief. The women who made this comment is now one of my dog walking buddies!!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Its often my mum Ihave to do battle with she doesn't get im trying to be responsible with Millie -.-

We were with friends at the park at the weekend their was a large crowed of people sitting down and I didn't want Millie dissapearing into it and getting frightened so I put her on the lead then mum started moaning at me again.

I have proved her wrong so many times whenever she says the dog doesn't do that despite the fact I said she does you can garantee that dog does it. Its like mum has cotten buds in her ears when I talk.

fortunately though no one else had a go at me but someone thanked me for giving them space well its happened a couple of times. Met a bulldog x and the owner was happy for Millie and the bulldog to say hello we had bumped into eachother twice so itseemed the dogs should say hello.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >