Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 04:49 PM

Day 1 with 2 dogs...

Well, Rebel is here to stay for the weekend! For those who don't know about her, she's my friend's GSD who was kept in a garage til they rehomed her at 6 months old. I've known her since they got her 5 years ago and watched her blossom. Love this dog!
She's met Axel a few times (if anyone remembers the pictures) and as my friend is staying with family nearby (with a dog who doesn't like Rebel) they've asked if we can have her for the weekend
So far we've taken them for a walk to remember each other and get reacquainted. Then waiting for Rebel to relax (she's a bit more sensitive and whiny than Axel). She didn't fully so I took her for a walk on her own when my hubby got home, that did the trick, she always relaxes when I've taken her out (I've dog sat for her several times since they got her, works every time!).
I'll be feeding them soon then off to see friends, will be weird taking 2 dogs! She'll be sleeping upstairs in Axel's room tonight, he's fine with her as long as she doesn't get too close while he's lying down. Hopefully all will be fine tonight and then tomorrow more fun until the owners come!
I'm secretly hoping hubby enjoys having 2 dogs and it speeds up the process to getting Axel a friend...we'll see. I know in my reasonable head we'll still probably have to wait til we get to move...sigh.

Anyway, for those who don't know Rebel - here's a couple of pictures...there'll be a picture thread of their adventures this weekend, fear not!

At 6 months old, first time I met her

A couple of years ago

First time meeting Axel
pinkgunner
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Ooh enjoy your weekend with your visitor You probably wont want her to go!

They are both lovely dogs, I'm a sucker for a GSD x
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Oo enjoy your weekend! I too, am 2 dogging it with a GSD this weekend
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Gorgeous pics Rebel and Axel are lovely
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 06:51 PM
She's gorgeous, hope it all goes well .
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2011, 08:01 PM
enjoy dog sitting. they're both gorgeous dogs.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 07:11 AM
You'll love it - maybe your plan for another dog will be allowed after this though I think having Missy here the other week is why OH is letting me have another one...
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by pinkgunner View Post
Ooh enjoy your weekend with your visitor You probably wont want her to go!

They are both lovely dogs, I'm a sucker for a GSD x
Thanks, yeah she's lovely and I'll miss her!

Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Oo enjoy your weekend! I too, am 2 dogging it with a GSD this weekend
Snap!

Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Gorgeous pics Rebel and Axel are lovely
Thanks, I think so too

Originally Posted by chaz View Post
She's gorgeous, hope it all goes well .
Thanks, me too...so far so good!

Originally Posted by tattoogirl73 View Post
enjoy dog sitting. they're both gorgeous dogs.
Thanks, I am!

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
You'll love it - maybe your plan for another dog will be allowed after this though I think having Missy here the other week is why OH is letting me have another one...
I tried that last night - still a firm NO Oh well, I'll just have to double enjoy Axel! He's enjoyed having her around though. I've tried saying we'll foster, but he doesn't believe I'll be able to let them go! (He may have a point, but don't tell him!)

___

Well, yesterday when I fed them, she ate it all! Her owner said she's been a bit picky with her food, but as predicted, having another dog eating meant she ate it all! We went out to see friends at a park, turns out there was a carnival there! Axel got confidence from her and she was calmer because of him, she's a little reactive on lead sometimes, but she only had a tiny bark instead of full blown reaction. They both did so well, we heard there were going to be fireworks so left before they started....our friends texted us and said a puppy had to be taken out during the fireworks because it was crying so bad. Poor pup
We put her bed on the landing so Axel would have space but also she'd be able to see us...Axel only went and stole her bed! They spent all night silent and not moving, bless them...but he wouldn't budge from Rebel's bed, deary me.

Now onto day 2....I'll keep you posted!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 09:07 AM
She's beautiful! Hope she manages to help your OH decide 2 are better than 1