Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 07:48 PM

Halti 0 Cassie 3

Well folks, 3 times the Halti went on. All hooked up, secured to her collar, tight enough on the muzzle but not riding up into her eyes...

...3 times before we opened the front door, she had it off!!!!! One paw and it was hanging under her chin. Ahhhhhhhhh. So, back on with the harness and extendable lead, acroos the bridge to the park and guess what, spin and bark etc.

Not all bad news though, went the long way home from the park missing the bridge out, the longer we were around traffic, the better she was. Halfway home she decided cars were not that interesting after all...early days but we may just be onto a winner. We haven't really walked her far on busy roads until now, maybe we need to start! So twice as far for us, but if it works, great!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 07:59 PM
ooh get her a dogmatic headcollar !!Theyre similar to haltis but stronger cos they're leather!!milo my old dog from hell used to kill all his, haltis but was good on a dogmatic!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 08:38 PM
She's going to have us bankrupt before long! Hopefully, we are at the start of breaking the habit!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Dogmatic Are Better They Fit Their Heads Better And Like Candie Said Made Of Leather.
If She Has Problems With Cars Then Take Her Around Them But Build It Up As It Will Show Her They Are No Big Deal And Settle More.
It Is Hard But The Only Way She Will Learn Is If You Help Her.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks for that, had her out again today in traffic and she is definitely improving slowly but surely!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Just spoke to the other half, nightmare walk this morning on the way to the beach. Quick question regarding Canny collar/Dogmatic. Do you have to take the whole thing off when they're off the lead. We like to try and get her back on the lead quicky, quite easy with the halter because you just unhook the lead from the loop on the back. Just trying to see how easy it is to get on and off. She tends to move her head out of the way when you try and put even the halter over it! We sometimes need to get her back on quickly.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 05:35 PM
I would suggest a Canny Collar...

You can leave them on and just unclip the lead, you can also take off the noseloop then when you get them back you clip the lead on and pull noseloop back up..
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2005, 07:40 PM
same as the dogmatic you could leave it buckled and just slide it of her face but the dogmatic loop for the lead is under the jaw.
i tried halti with tob and he hated it but he walked better and was more comfortable with the dogmatic.
it got him to stop pulling and walking to heel.
i still have it incase i need it for hol if her head gets that big.......i can honestly say it was the best thing i ever brought for him.
it has a buckle instead of a clip so they can't twist and snap it etc more secure.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks again, she was better again this afternoon. Think we'll give her a week and see how she goes, then go for either Canny or Dogmatic. It's good to know you can unclip it and slip the nose loop off easily