Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-08-2011, 02:06 PM

Not so clever Burglars..

Someone tried to break in to a house of a lady i know ...
Little did they know the 3 rotties and 2 bulldogs she has would take offence to this
They did not get far and didnt get a thing ..
partypooch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2011, 02:32 PM
lol, i had this about 15yrs ago with my pit when i lived in a really dodgy part of birmingham, she'd backed him into a corner and lay down and wouldn't let him move. we were out for about 5 hours, so he had a lot of time to think!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2011, 02:59 PM
ROFL, that's funny:@) Our GSD did that to the coalman, she let him in but wouldn't let him out again...poor man was stuck beside the coal bunker for ages before Mum realised what was going on.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2011, 03:52 PM
lol. my auntie and uncles dog did something similar a few years ago/
The insurance bloke came and walked into the house, the dog let him in fine, but wouldnt let him out again!
My auntie and uncle had gone out shopping and got back 4 hours later haha
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Someone tried to break in to a house of a lady i know ...
Little did they know the 3 rotties and 2 bulldogs she has would take offence to this
They did not get far and didnt get a thing ..
Just lucky they didn't open a door for them
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Mine would sit them down then go put the kettle on...
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-08-2011, 05:34 PM
So how do you work this out then? Pereg barks if a stranger even starts to walk down the path. True she will let them in if I say so [at which point she hides behind my chair], but her barking, rushing out, rushing back, barking, puts off everyone who does not know her and who she does not know.

I have always said and I still say it, that her barking and pretend aggressiveness would make any intruder hesitate and then go away. Whether or not she would actually go for them is a moot point. She probably would if she thought she was defending me.

But.

She did not make a sound in May last year when people banged on the front door. She did not make a sound when someone banged on the shutters on my bedroom front window and called out to me. She did not make a sound when someone managed to open the shutters in my salon window, open the screen, and climb in. She did not make a sound when he then opened the front door to let in the rest of the emergency services. She did not make a sound when my bedroom was full of police and paramedics.

She apparently just sat on my bed next to me.

So how am I so certain that she would not permit an intruder in? And how did she know to stay with me without a sound and let the emergency services in?

I have absolutely no idea how. I just know that she can tell the difference between harm and help.

She is not the best trained dog. Far from it.

She is not the most obedient dog. Far from it.

She just seems to have the idea in her head that her job is to protect me, and somehow she automatically senses good from bad.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Malka -I suspect that Pereg has that special sixth sense that so many dogs have, and knew that help was needed and those people were providing it. There is so much about dogs that is hard to fathom, but that is what makes them so very special.

Jimmi, unfortunately, would either simply go back to sleep if a burglar broke in or heave a sigh and show them where the richest pickings are before making them a cup of coffee.
pinkgunner
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
So how do you work this out then? Pereg barks if a stranger even starts to walk down the path. True she will let them in if I say so [at which point she hides behind my chair], but her barking, rushing out, rushing back, barking, puts off everyone who does not know her and who she does not know.

I have always said and I still say it, that her barking and pretend aggressiveness would make any intruder hesitate and then go away. Whether or not she would actually go for them is a moot point. She probably would if she thought she was defending me.

But.

She did not make a sound in May last year when people banged on the front door. She did not make a sound when someone banged on the shutters on my bedroom front window and called out to me. She did not make a sound when someone managed to open the shutters in my salon window, open the screen, and climb in. She did not make a sound when he then opened the front door to let in the rest of the emergency services. She did not make a sound when my bedroom was full of police and paramedics.

She apparently just sat on my bed next to me.

So how am I so certain that she would not permit an intruder in? And how did she know to stay with me without a sound and let the emergency services in?

I have absolutely no idea how. I just know that she can tell the difference between harm and help.

She is not the best trained dog. Far from it.

She is not the most obedient dog. Far from it.

She just seems to have the idea in her head that her job is to protect me, and somehow she automatically senses good from bad.
Aaaw, that brought tears to my eyes, bless her, what a sweetheart xx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2011, 08:59 PM
I do not think my dogs have any sixth sense re this sort of situation I do know that I am happy to sleep with my patio doors open as nobody is even going to get to the back garden gate without me and the rest of the neighbourhood knowing about it!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >