Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 08:21 PM

Help.... Mindy has wee'd on the Bed !!

Me & my OH were cooking dinner together this evening, and Molly & Mindy were playing under our bed.

Mindy has been really miserable this past couple of days. She is in the 2nd week of her first season and feeling really sorry for herself. We only adopted her 5 weeks ago, and had her booked in to be spayed 2 weeks ago, only she started her season which had to be cancelled.

She is really quiet and sulky, and behaving very odd.

Tonight, I went into the bedroom after dinner and found that one of the dogs had wee'd on the quilt. It had gone right through the quilt, sheets and mattress!!!

I know straight away that it wouldn't be Molly.

We love her so much, and know that this behaviour is quite out of character even for Mindy, but apart from clean up after her..... what do we do??

Do you think it is because of her season? She is booked in to be spayed at the beginning of November.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Seasons can increase the urination of bitches and change their moods and behaviour (just like us).

And then she may have a phantom.

Fortunately as you are planning to get her spayed, all these problems will resolve in three months time when you have her neutered.

In the meantirme perhaps it would be a good idea to keep the bedroom door closed..........
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Buttons has done this a few times........you need to get something on there that will neutralise the smell to stop her doing it again in the same place! I used some of the simple solution but you could mix up a spray of bio wash powder and spray it on the mattress.....
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks Guys,

I will have to keep more of an eye on her.......

Thank you x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2011, 05:50 AM
Bunnie did this recently but the vet suspected she may have had a UTI which she sorted out herself....... she's not done it since, I'm pleased to report.

Being in season causes bitches to behave very differently and the urge to wee (spread the word) is extremely strong.

If it was me, I would tend to toilet her more often.

Hope all goes well x