View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 09:02 AM

What do you do for your dog on its birthday?

as the title says really...

its asbo's first birthday on the 24th of august. and i was having a look in PAH wondering what to buy him.

i always buy my dogs something on their birthdays, but i dont know what to get for the little man. both dogs (daphs is the 26th of september) are having custom collars and leads made by tillymint, and i do want a new bed for them in the bedroom, but that can wait till christmas.

so i dont know what to get him. im thinking a babble boy, and a new toy for the water, as he loves going in water, but we need a suitable floaty toy.

do any of you do your dogs a special meal? i know some people go all out, special meals, cake, even party! i dont go that far, but i like to get them a little something

so what do you do for your dog? celebrate, or treat it like any other day, after all they dont know what day it is
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Bruce has only had one birthday. He got a new bed and several new toys. Spent a fortune!
He didn't get a special dinner tho.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Nothing, I'm a big meany. Both of their birthdays fall roughly just before Christmas anyway so if I get a Christmas bonus at work I tend to splurge on some new toys and treats from Zooplus, but I'm a lot more practical now I'm saving for a house so dogs tend to just get the necesseties. I bulkbuy chews, make my own treats for training, and toys are chosen by practicality (i.e. how long will they last with Kiki's jaws!) rather than gimmick. Mean mummy, but the dogs don't mind!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
Bruce has only had one birthday. He got a new bed and several new toys. Spent a fortune!
He didn't get a special dinner tho.
asbo will have a new toy i think, he loves new toys. and all his last. i might do them a special dinner not really as they have raw, but buy them something that they dont usually have from the supermarket. they both have to have nice meals, cant feed one with out the other.

Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Nothing, I'm a big meany. Both of their birthdays fall roughly just before Christmas anyway so if I get a Christmas bonus at work I tend to splurge on some new toys and treats from Zooplus, but I'm a lot more practical now I'm saving for a house so dogs tend to just get the necesseties. I bulkbuy chews, make my own treats for training, and toys are chosen by practicality (i.e. how long will they last with Kiki's jaws!) rather than gimmick. Mean mummy, but the dogs don't mind!
yeah i know the dogs dont know what the days are anyway i buy for mine at christmas too
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
as the title says really...

its asbo's first birthday on the 24th of august. and i was having a look in PAH wondering what to buy him.

i always buy my dogs something on their birthdays, but i dont know what to get for the little man. both dogs (daphs is the 26th of september) are having custom collars and leads made by tillymint, and i do want a new bed for them in the bedroom, but that can wait till christmas.

so i dont know what to get him. im thinking a babble boy, and a new toy for the water, as he loves going in water, but we need a suitable floaty toy.

do any of you do your dogs a special meal? i know some people go all out, special meals, cake, even party! i dont go that far, but i like to get them a little something

so what do you do for your dog? celebrate, or treat it like any other day, after all they dont know what day it is

I do not do anything special for any of my dogs on their birthdays, Easter, Christmas, Halloween or any other occasion you care to mention.

I find it very refreshing that my dogs have NO expectation of gifts, special meals or particular toys they have seen their mates playing with or that have been advertised on the tv.

They are allowed to live with me, this should be enough!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I do not do anything special for any of my dogs on their birthdays, Easter, Christmas, Halloween or any other occasion you care to mention.

I find it very refreshing that my dogs have NO expectation of gifts, special meals or particular toys they have seen their mates playing with or that have been advertised on the tv.

They are allowed to live with me, this should be enough!
wouldnt go as far as easter and haloween
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 09:26 AM
I have absolutely no idea when any of my mob was born. So every day is a birthday.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I have absolutely no idea when any of my mob was born. So every day is a birthday.
i even no when my cats were born
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-08-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't do anything special on birthdays or christmas either, I don't even know without checking when their birthdays are.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 10:00 AM
They all get a few new toys and treats, cant treat one without the other. They may have a special meal [beef mince, garlic and rice perhaps] and this year for Gemmas first [20th October] I may attempt to make them a cake haha

Its all a bit of fun isnt it
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >