Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2011, 10:23 PM

Kc Measuring sessions

Does anyone know of any planned kc Measuring sessions in south east you can attend with a non competing dog, already have relevant paperwork and kc activity registration, tried kennel club nothing local to me on there,in agility record book the ones listed for south east closest is Greenhithe kent and surrey and there yet to respond to email.I was told by a lady in peacehaven she was qualified to do it but has no slots available until winter 2011 and she will email me to ask if i had found anyone but shes not listed in the kc agility record book, anyone know anyone qualified to measure for kc shows.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 10:34 PM
The best place to look for information on this is here:

http://www.agilitynet.co.uk/frontpage.htm
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2011, 10:48 PM
already done that lol, but thanks anyway couldnt find info i needed, not looking to compete before next year ideally but could be earlier - when his ready lol, can jump medium now but do most training at small jumps for accuracy, already registered with iss, as his 4 and obviously large been told he will only require kc measuring once so just wanna get it done now so can file all paperwork till its required.
Munsti-Sue
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Sometimes schedules will say whether measuring is available so always worth checking.

Another place is the agility forum. People often advertise measuring sessions and likewise people often ask for details of measuring session.

Saying that I have attended several shows this year where there was originally no measuring planned/advertised but measurers have attended the show and decided to put on a session.

Good luck in finding a session!
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by Munsti-Sue View Post
Sometimes schedules will say whether measuring is available so always worth checking.

Another place is the agility forum. People often advertise measuring sessions and likewise people often ask for details of measuring session.

Saying that I have attended several shows this year where there was originally no measuring planned/advertised but measurers have attended the show and decided to put on a session.

Good luck in finding a session!
Thanks problem is i dont wanna attend a show till his ready to compete. A friend who competes now had her dog measured by going to someones house that was qualified to do so - This is the type of session i am looking for in my area - Havent found one yet. Will keep checking i am off to bed.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 10:21 AM
You can attend the show...you dont have to enter your dog, just look at schedules and if it says there is measuring then contact them to book in for a time slot.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks thats good to know but unfortunately no shows in my area,i dont drive and would rely on lifts and public transport.Will have to ask my friend for a lift when she gets her dogs second measurement done,they already compete at medium she has an american cocker and I believe she has to get a second measurement done at some point but I will double check .
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 02:33 PM
The best thing to do would be to go to a show. Measuring requires 2 approved measurers so you will most likely be able to get that at a show than at someones house.. if you don't want to compete just yet then there is no hurry there are shows sussex way.you have just missed Agility club at the end of july.