View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Wanted - multivet citronella dog collar with buzzer that goes round neck?

Please ignore request no longer required i have changed my mind and dont know how to remove Post.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
Has Anyone got a multivet citronella collar they no longer use as we were all sharing one at agility other night as 50% of dogs in group have taken to eating horse poo as we train in an indoor riding school rather than listening to us? Someone had there own one with them at agility and we were sharing it between 4 dogs out of a class of 7/8 and it worked between two of us the handler and a helper with citronella collar buzzer you put round neck managed to get dogs concentrating again on task at hand.We are not over using and person in control of buzzer when dog doeesnt refer to name and stop first time or fails recall is a kc dog citizen scheme trainer she has helped owners use these collars before with success.Been told there expensive £60-£80 to buy new.
I am choosing my words very very carefully..........

1 There is no such thing as a "KC Good Citizen Dog Scheme Trainer", there IS such a thing as a KC approved KCGCDS Examiner (bronze, silver or gold).

2 If this club is a KC registered one then it may behoove the trainers AND trainees to remember the KC Code of Practice for KC registered clubs:

Particularly the part which states:

It is the responsibility of the club to ensure that the welfare of the dog is paramount.

Finally, is agility THAT important to the dog/handler that participants need to wear a citronella spray collar?
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 10:35 PM
I would find a new agility club
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I am choosing my words very very carefully..........
i wont be!

don't you think using such "methods" are completely counter productive??? those types of things scream lazyness on the trainers/owners/handlers part. whats wrong with a bit of old fashioned reward based training to not go for the horse poo? or even better, clean it up before you start!

how do you think u'd feel if you had lemon juice squirted up your nose every time you got a little distracted?
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 11:21 PM
*I'm staying quiet* but agree with above posts!
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2011, 11:29 PM
I am trying to remove post how do i do this? Was just acting on advice that i should have ignored, it was a fellow trainee that suggested collars use NOT Agility club and they are not kc registered as far as i am aware.
Closed Thread