View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 04:07 PM

Bloody mouth, wasnt sure whether to panic!!

Well we took the dogs out for a walk with childminders and kids and had been gone about 45 mins when Ruby cut somewhere in her mouth, not sure exactly there was way too much blood to see properly.

We rinsed out her mouth, but everytime she ran around which was all the time it made more blood, so we turned round and came back and got her in the car for a proper drink and to slow her down. I was going to phone the vets then, but as she wasnt in danger of bleeding to death cos it was obviously not the kind of life threatening bleeding i decided i would drive home and drop off the kids i had with me and wait the few mins for hubby to walk back so we could assess when she had stopped running around.

By the time we got home her mouth was still clean, so the stopping running had really slowed the blood down ,

my neighbour had a look with me as she was tidying her front garden and we decided we didnt need to rush to the vets and we kept her calm indoors and she has been fine even had a good chew on the stag antler. But both dogs were covered in blood and so we have cleaned them up a bit and are going to go down to the free running river for a dip!

Had visions of a vets trip, so really pleased the poor baby seems to have sorted herself out so well.

Just reinforces my difficulty in relaxing with them though!
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Toby was walking along next to me once and when I looked down he had his tongue hanging out covered in blood! I'm pretty sure he'd bitten his tongue, it wouldn't be the first time :0) Luckily it sorted itself out but I know how panicky it is when you see blood!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 05:08 PM
mouth wounds bleed so much always make me a bit panicky . Glad it seams to be nothing to bad, my mates dog knocked a tooth out catching a tennis ball and we were all covered in blood by the time we got home, her oh thought somebody was badly injured
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Glad he seems to be ok Tilly has bitten her tongue before & I panicked at the amount of blood from such a tiny nick........ and then all of a sudden it just stops!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Glad she is ok. I know when I used to play frisbee with Shady she would often nip the edge of her tongue by accident as she caught the frisbee and boy do tongues bleed. It would be dripping out of her mouth and look awful.
I didn't really worry about it though as it would bleed look terrible and then just suddenly stop.
Very likely Ruby caught her tongue and thats what was bleeding too.