Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 12:53 PM

FINALLY had a breakthrough!

my boy has made me so proud this afternoon!!! after generally having a ****ty time the past few days, my boy has made me happy

some of you know may know the grief i have been having trying to teach asbo to sit on command. it got to the point he was scared to be with me on his own because he knew i expected him to do something but he just wasnt sure what.

we started all the way from the start. reintroducing the clicker, so i would just through a treat and when he ate it i would click.

we started doing that just now, and after throwing a few, he sat on his own accord, so i clicked and threw him a treat.

im proud to say, he has then repeated this over and over again about 30 times, learning that parking his bum on the floor means nice food

havent added the sit command in yet, and i havent tried it standing up (this makes me nervous, so i sat on the sofa next to the laptop with the treats next to me)

now i know alot of you have great trained dogs, and a sit isnt alot, but i have been working so hard, and after such a mission of training and working so so so slowly with him, im so so happy

here are the pictures to prove that he can sit!!!

SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 12:58 PM
I can tell you Clo that Sit was hard for me - Louie learnt it like a quick to learn dog, then it got untrained by people walking through the door going "Sit sit sit sit sit" whilst he was excited - so going back and training it again was harder than the original lessons and sometimes I will still get a down instead of a sit - it took me ages to teach him down and rewarded it greatly - so he loves down

Well done
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Hey , well done , every little thing is a big achievement ! Hard work pays off ! He looks v proud of himself too in the pics
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 01:11 PM
thanks guys he does look very proud of himself he is now ragging mr green frog round the room

its taken me 10 months to get him to sit. and i had tried everything. there were threads on here about it, because it was driving me mad, and now finally, we have had a breakthrough. it makes me feel so good!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
thanks guys he does look very proud of himself he is now ragging mr green frog round the room

its taken me 10 months to get him to sit. and i had tried everything. there were threads on here about it, because it was driving me mad, and now finally, we have had a breakthrough. it makes me feel so good!
And so you should feel good ! I am off to play ball with Tom and Bella and its taken her a year to realise how much fun it is , it is a joy to see her chase the ball around the garden with Tom !
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Well done Remember you posting about this.. great to know you and Asbo managed it in the end! Well done for your persistance.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 02:22 PM
fantastic!!! well done to both of you he is a gorgeous boy too
Mine will sit on command in the house but outside on cold wet pavements/canal path is another matter, they kind of crouch as if they are going to but their bums don't touch the floor, they obv don't getting their bums cold/wet
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 02:33 PM
yay! well done Asbo
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 02:59 PM
well done, somethings just take ages to sink in - phoebe took forever to understand down
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 03:58 PM
It's so rewarding when something you've been struggling to teach finally clicks into place. Congrats!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >