Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 07:47 PM

Bt!

So I just got the phone line connected last week and they seem to have given me someone elses number - I keep getting calls for a Mr miller, calls to see if Pat or barb is is..then I've just had a wrong number ring up, I politely told him that it is the wrong number, he rang again - must have thought he'd put it in wrong at first and when I answered I got "Is that you again" then a blank tone - thank you nice man! Lol

Anyone else been given someones old number?
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2011, 12:50 PM
We are always getting calls from people thinking they are talking to the vet
Our number and the vets number are the same but the last two numbers are turned around , so its an easy mistake to make , especially when you are upset , as many of these people are

I often wonder whether their pets were ok
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 01:54 PM
My home phone number I don't tend to get wrong numbers.

My mobile number I have had a lady going through a phase of ringing me, she rang me once and asked if Lance was there. I said 'No' and was just about to say 'you have the wrong number' when she interupted 'could you wish him a happy birthday please?' so I said 'No, I can't, you have the wrong number'. She apologised and hung up. Like your caller, she obviously thought she misdialled because she rang again shortly afterwards. She must have recognised me and realised her mistake as she said 'is that the hairdressers?' So 'I just said 'No' 'Oh, ok' and she hung up. She rang a couple of times afterwards so I didn't answer. It really irritates me when you tell someone they have the wrong number and they just put the phone down. If I've ever rung a wrong number I always say 'sorry to have bothered you, good bye'.

My dad gets loads of wrong numbers, for a while it was people asking for a taxi. We realised the source of the confusion when the doctors surgery rang to book a taxi and I told them it was not the taxi company and she rather crossly said 'well this is the number we give people, it is on our print out' so I said 'oh, so it is you we have to thank for the people who ring up to order a taxi then? Can I suggest that you stop giving it out then, because it is not a taxi company'

He also gets a few calls for the nursing home as he has a similar number and more recently, a school
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Is that you barb :O
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Might not be an old number but a few digits similar or a misprint on a flier if they use their number for work. I keep getting calls for a double glazing company to my work direct line (we don't do double glazing!) and I found out that their number is one digit different, double 9 when mine is triple 9. I think maybe it's been misprinted somewhere, or maybe someone is leaving the wrong number on voicemails to customers, as I tell people it's the wrong number and they often dial back 30 seconds later
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Might not be an old number but a few digits similar or a misprint on a flier if they use their number for work. I keep getting calls for a double glazing company to my work direct line (we don't do double glazing!) and I found out that their number is one digit different, double 9 when mine is triple 9. I think maybe it's been misprinted somewhere, or maybe someone is leaving the wrong number on voicemails to customers, as I tell people it's the wrong number and they often dial back 30 seconds later
Ah ha so thats how you knew about keeping the cats in, youre in the biz

Was very impressed recently to see you can fit cat flaps into glass as in patio doors etc

( feeble attempts at joking )
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Ah ha so thats how you knew about keeping the cats in, youre in the biz

Was very impressed recently to see you can fit cat flaps into glass as in patio doors etc

( feeble attempts at joking )
Well, I work for a construction company so I should probably know how to build some pretty over the top cat-proofing measures in the garden..a concrete slip-form garden wall, anyone?