Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 06:57 PM

Hotspots?

As some of you are aware Coleman is allergic to dust & storage mites.

Coleman has started his immuntherapy treatment, his first injection was 13 days ago. he has been wearing a buster collar when unsupervised. However, the OH forgot to put it on and I've come home to this:

Are these hotspots? there is pus in these sores too.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 07:57 PM
They don't look like the hotspots Rupert gets Those look pimply whereas the ones Rupe gets are more like moist sores. I'll see whether I can find a pic of his or one that looks like his.

And only on a dog forum do we share pictures of our dogs groins and not find it strange

See whether it lets me post a link. This is the sort of thing Rupert gets that we've been told are hotspots.
http://www.scooterthecocker.com/hotspot.html
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
They don't look like the hotspots Rupert gets Those look pimply whereas the ones Rupe gets are more like moist sores. I'll see whether I can find a pic of his or one that looks like his.

And only on a dog forum do we share pictures of our dogs groins and not find it strange :lol

See whether it lets me post a link. This is the sort of thing Rupert gets that we've been told are hotspots.
http://www.scooterthecocker.com/hotspot.html
A friend said they look like hotspots. having looked at the link they dont look like hotspots. he's at the vets tomorrow morning for his second injection so will see what the vet says.

I'll update this post tomorrow after seeing the vet.

Thanks for the link and info.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:39 PM
No worries, googling hotspots brings up the same sort of thing, the moist sore type of thing. To me Colemans looks more like a rash of some sort from those pics.

Hope the vet can sort it out no matter what it is
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Looks like allergy to me - poor pupster. Hope the vet can sort whatever it is.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2011, 07:59 AM
don't look like hotspots to me. as others have said more an allergy . all the best in getting it sorted
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 08:10 AM
not like a hotspot ive seen - but phoebe gets rashes ALOT when she had one like that it was pyoderma but it covered her whole body. Good luck at vets
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Just got back from the vets. It is a bacterial infection caused by his allegy and him biting himself. Gave me AB's. Vet also gave him eye drops as his right eye is inflammed (allergy related). He goes back to the vets in two weeks to check his infection, eye and for his third injection.

Thanks everyone for the advice.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 11:30 AM
am i right in thinking the immune therapy will be minute injections of stuff he is allergic to?

Toby gets little pus sores too and I've always put this down to his allergies. They tend to heal up on their own but he's never looked as bad as yours does. Hope it is clearing up now
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
am i right in thinking the immune therapy will be minute injections of stuff he is allergic to?
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
Toby gets little pus sores too and I've always put this down to his allergies. They tend to heal up on their own but he's never looked as bad as yours does. Hope it is clearing up now
Yes you are right about the immunotherapy treatment. Eventually he will be on monthly injections for the rest of his life, if the treatment works. I have noticed a slight improvement in his symptoms despite the state of his skin.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >