Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 07:57 PM

Dogmatic

Anybody else have one?

what do you think of it. Ive ordered one today for phoebes birthday present in 2 weeks as im fed up of her halti riding up in to her eyes, will the dogmatic do it?
i know it says it wont but is its true

Thanks
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I had a leather one for Max, it was a good fit. The one reason I didn't like it was because of the massive ring underneath the muzzle, I found that if Max was walking alongside me and went to sniff something on the ground he would catch his foot in the ring so I stopped using it.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
The Dogmatic will not ride up

I used one of these for several months with Dexter and honestly, it made a huge difference. For the first time since I adopted him, we were able to enjoy our walks, and I was able to feel calm and in control.

I used the padded/cushioned Dogmatic. The key thing with this brand is to ensure you have the right size as the fit needs to be good.

It is a 'fixed action' headcollar, in other words, nothing tightens when the dog pulls, there is nothing on the headcollar that will move
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:04 PM
I have one for each of my dogs, and nope, they don't ride up into the eyes. I did have to buy a different size for Kiki as the original size I bought her was too small - but she's a crossbreed so it was hard to judge which size I needed. Her square Rottie jaw was just too wide for the first size, despite her narrow GSD snout.
Here's Casper modelling his (the strap is a tad long really so probably could have gone down a neck size but this doesn't affect the use)

katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:21 PM
thankyou, was just checking as they are a bit expensive and once ive used it cant send it back if its not right. Ive gone for the fake leather as its the cheepest but if i like it i might get a reflective one ready for winter
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
I sold the wrong size one on for nearly as much as I paid for it so didn't lose out too much for my mistake (I'd used it a few times too but decided it didn't look as comfortable as it should)
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I have one for each of my dogs, and nope, they don't ride up into the eyes. I did have to buy a different size for Kiki as the original size I bought her was too small - but she's a crossbreed so it was hard to judge which size I needed. Her square Rottie jaw was just too wide for the first size, despite her narrow GSD snout.
Here's Casper modelling his (the strap is a tad long really so probably could have gone down a neck size but this doesn't affect the use)

stunning model there. ive ordered a size 6 hope its the right one as i didnt measure (no tape) i looked on there breedlist and bullmastiff was listed under size 6
Duck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:28 PM
i have one for my boy and found it much much better than the halti.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:35 PM
I got one for Louie but found it to ride up - but he has a funny shaped face so Benjie has it now and he has no problem with it..
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 09:11 PM
I use these with both of mine and really like them.

I find they don't mark their nose as much as the halti, and Harley doesn't seem to object as much to the Dogmatic as he does the Halti.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >