Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2011, 10:24 AM

Little success partly thanks to Dogsey!

Sorry had to share nothing that exciting but quite pleased.

Our (new-ish) neighbours have an old black lab who barks and growls at our dogs through the fence.

First time this happened our little terrier x cocker Sid went crazy barking back at it and the other 3 joined in so four dogs all barking and going a bit crazy! The whippet starts being quite frantic wanting to get through the fence, my dog Bertie was half wanted to go and make friends with it but a bit cautious, Harris the Vizsla got a little on edge sort of cautiously barking and staying back behind the others.

Before being on Dogsey I'd probably have said 'no' in a gruff voice or shouted at them But instead I went up to Sid put him on a lead walked him away from the fence and once he'd calmed down a bit gave him some treats and at the same time calling the others over for a treat and also making polite conversation with one of the neighbours lol.

I've been working on it and now when the lab starts growling the most it comes to is a couple of barks or a small bit of growling from Sid then they come back for a treat, now they know the routine and they improve each time

Though now I've written that they'll probably prove me wrong some how