Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cadi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2011, 09:57 AM

Dogs Tend to Look Like Their Owners...

Y'know the old saying that dogs tend to look like their owners. Well *SCIENCE has proven it is so!

http://www.unc.edu/~stwolf/courses/3...dings/dogs.pdf

Apparently this is especially true for people who opt for purebred dogs rather than those that buy mutts (citing careful searching with purebred vs impulse buys at pounds as being the main reason for their difference.)

This study was done in the States but I was wondering just how true it is globally.

For all you lovely dog owners out there, do you guys agree? Is there any one of your dogs that look like you? Did anyone compare you two? Post your proof if you have'em!

(...Considering I am eyeing EBTs for my dog, I wonder what it says about how I look )

(*Take the word 'science' with a grain of salt... )
Mala
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2011, 10:17 AM
As the owner of a mutt, I only WISH I looked as good as she does. There's a woman in the park who's nuts about her EBT and...... er........
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Taken from the telegraph ..
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Me and Angel are both ginger and rather grumpy (or should that be fiery tempered! )

We once got 2nd Place at a local dog show for dog that looks like its owner! I was quite flattered as he's a handsome chap!

Here we are (doggy family reunion photo): I am the ginger in the middle, Angel is 3rd dog from the left.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Well the only similarity between my dog & I is that we are both going, or in my case gone, grey but even that is not so with my bitch. I am oversize & obese my dogs are correct size & corect weight & shape.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 10:38 AM
OK... so which of my dogs do I look like?

Cadi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Mala View Post
As the owner of a mutt, I only WISH I looked as good as she does. There's a woman in the park who's nuts about her EBT and...... er........

Alright that's it! I'm switching my choice to a saluki! Maybe it'll help turn me into a tall, lithe woman with amazing legs

Oh man, the picture of the Afghan and the lady is uncanny! It's true!

Angelmist, you didn't have to point him out, his coloring is beautiful! He looks amazing! You two do match up so well, congratulations!

GSD-Sue, while I think some of it is the coloring, it is also how they hold themselves sometimes too. Like the Afghan right next to the owner's matches her expression perfectly!

ClaireandDaisy, I always say claim that you look like the handsomest Unfortunately its a bit hard to choose which one wins out from your lot!
sashaleigh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2011, 11:23 AM
As the owner off a mastiff and bulldogs especially! I hope I dont fit the category..lol!
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=133610&page=4
sashaleigh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Heres a fun one I just found lol

partypooch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2011, 11:36 AM
unless i make a set of pink dreadlocks for my two, i think i'm off the hook!
having said that though, i do have 2 high spirited, independent, rufty-tufty girlies, so go figure!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >