Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2011, 09:20 PM

Frickley Country Park, near South Elmsall West Yorkshire

just five minutes down the lane from where i live, frickley pit has been converted into a gorgeous country park. it's suitable for dog walkers, horse riders,cyclists and joggers alike. i feel so lucky to be able to walk out my door and have such a short walk to such a beautiful place when i see others driving here. it's on the south/west yorkshire boarder just past moorhouse in doncaster or south elmsall in wakefield. my only complaint is that they have no poo bins. well worth driving to for a lovely walk with or without your pets.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 11:33 AM
I had a good friend in South Elmsall and I visited there once but cant really remember anything about it.
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by tattoogirl73 View Post
just five minutes down the lane from where i live, frickley pit has been converted into a gorgeous country park. it's suitable for dog walkers, horse riders,cyclists and joggers alike. i feel so lucky to be able to walk out my door and have such a short walk to such a beautiful place when i see others driving here. it's on the south/west yorkshire boarder just past moorhouse in doncaster or south elmsall in wakefield. my only complaint is that they have no poo bins. well worth driving to for a lovely walk with or without your pets.
Nice one! Thanks for that, I didn't know the country park was there. I think I'm only about 30 mins away!
We often use Pugney Country Park at Durkar. We also use the old Fryston Colliery site at Castleford as well which has been turned into a fantastic nature trail with riverside walks, numerous routes that stretch right to Fairburn Ings Nature Reserve.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Not too far from where I had my training field
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Will have to explore the ones you've mentioned, Angie. Be somewhere different to take him on a weekend when oh off. I don't drive yet