Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 07:55 PM

Pondering/waiting

to see if I need to go to the emergency vets with Norton (British Blue shorthaired cat)

He whacked himself off the wall or should I say ran into it and we spent several minutes mopping up a nose bleed, Im scratched to pieces (and I mean scratched to pieces) as he really is not the easiest of big boys to handle when hurt
The bleeding has stopped and he was sneezing like mad but that seems to have subsided too, Im sat here doing the 'up and down the stairs' checking him, as he is on our bed now he's breathing through his nose so thats a good sign. This is our last night without foster son, whats the betting we spend it at the vets.............poor Norton think he needs spec savers
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Aw poor cat. Did he run into it full force?

Hopefully he'll be okay though, but I think you are right, a visit to specsavers may be on the cards. Silly puddy tat!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Aw poor cat. Did he run into it full force?

Hopefully he'll be okay though, but I think you are right, a visit to specsavers may be on the cards. Silly puddy tat!
Oh Yes full force it bled for quite a while and really heavy too and his sneezing pebbled dashed my kitchen with blood all over the place.
I have just been to check on him and he's breathing fine (did worry about whether he had factured his nose) but he seems very settled now.....bet his nose will be sore for a while though
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Aw, poor short sighted pusscat. Imagine not noticing that ruddy great wall right in front of you!

Sounds like he'll be okay, if a little sore for a couple of days...just watch for him swelling up..and give him a crash helmet
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Aw, poor short sighted pusscat. Imagine not noticing that ruddy great wall right in front of you!

Sounds like he'll be okay, if a little sore for a couple of days...just watch for him swelling up..and give him a crash helmet
crash helmet on order

He's being spoilt now had some tuna to take his mind of it all and he will come to bed tonite
He smacked the dog (as he does from time to time...I think he gets PMT's) and then ran.....straight into the wall a lesson learnt I think
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Aww Bless him

Hope he's settled now? xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Poor Norton - how is he this morning, Steph?

x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Aww Bless him

Hope he's settled now? xx
Thank you
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Poor Norton - how is he this morning, Steph?

x0x
He seems fine, he has just polished off some tuna, I will wait till Pat gets up so I can wash his face as you can not handle Norton singlehanded but he has some sticky dry bits of blood round his nose, but otherwise he is giving me daggers and got very bulshy over his tuna so that spells... a normal Norton
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Glad Norton is doing better

Hope you don't get too many war wounds from tackling Norton's face...I'd get the first aid kit out anyway...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Glad Norton is doing better

Hope you don't get too many war wounds from tackling Norton's face...I'd get the first aid kit out anyway...
Thankfully he is fine now, no swelling etc., and only one claw embedded in my arm today as I cleaned away the last bit of muck