Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 12:46 AM

Most careless thing a dog owner can do

the other day i saw a dog standing in the window of a van with the window right down and the top half of its body out the window. it was a nice looking black lab. had a red collar on no harness and looked to be in good condition and i could see this two lanes away.

to make it worse they were turning onto the motorway i didnt catch the number plate or id have reported them.

so whats the most careless thing you haven seen
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 06:23 AM
... and I saw the very same thing, but it was in an open top Mercedes with the german shepherd in the back, leeeeeeaning right over the side I nearly rang the old bill, but he was going too fast for me to take the number in my rear view mirror! Stupid people huh?!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 07:09 AM
A man driving a big van pulled into the parking spot next to us and out he gets with 2 chihuahuas on his lap! It's probably not the most careless, but it's up there!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 07:30 AM
I've seen EBT's - seems to be the thing for them to do - with one elbow out the window looking rather chilled - but all the ones I have seen have had some safety harness or seatbelt on.. better with than without I guess.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2011, 08:43 AM
It always amazes me how many people you see travel with loose dogs in a car. Many years ago a woman came to see my new pup and warned me of this. She opened her door and the dog leapt about before she could grab it and was run over by a lorry. This was totally out of character..she was a well travelled show dog who normally waited to be led out of the car..maybe she desperatly needed to wee who knows but that day she didn't and it cost her her life. To be honest it has made me nervous of travelling with dogs alone..silly of me I know!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 08:53 AM
it really riles me when i see dogs with heads hanging out of windows, my OH does it with his all the time, and this is one thing we argue about. he also has the dog on his knee sometimes.

he cant understand why i insist my dogs are in a crate in the car. his arguement is if the car got hit in the back, the cage could crush, or kill the dog, or if the car crashed and got on fire the dog couldnt get out.

my arguement is, the cage would save them from being injured if something went in the back of it, it can stop the dogs running onto a busy motorway if there is a crash and getting runover, and if the car was going to set on fire i wouldnt leave it with out my dogs!