View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 03:16 PM

Some people just know how to wind me up!

my OHs sister's OH (sorry for that ) has got a new puppy.

he has a jack russel pup, which he picked up at 6 weeks old that was the number one for me, as from the size of him he was far too small to be away from his mum.

secondly he has him on only two meals a day i told him this really wasnt a good idea with him being only small, and he needs to be at least on 3 but preferably 4.

he takes the dog to work with him every day and carries it round in his coat, he works at a golf course, and in some form of yard, which i dont know quite what it involves... if he goes out somewhere the dog cant go, he takes the dog and leaves it in the back of the car. i told him he really shouldnt do that, for instance we went for a meal so the pup was in the car for 3 hours with no water. when it starts getting hotter, it could end badly

i tried explaining to him about training him to be left on his own, in case something comes up which means the dog definately can not go with him or in the car, because if it did then the dog wouldnt have a clue what hit him. all i got was "well he wont be on his own ever" bearing in mind this lad is 3 years older than me, you think he would have a bit of common sense.

he then bragged that his dog had already killed a rabbit and two pheasants. i think this is highly irresponsible! he thought it was good his dog was doing this, but the dog isnt trained too, it has no leave it command, which means he couldnt stop it if it went after someones cat or other pet

the pup attacked asbo! and sent him running off into the distance. luckily james(my OH) was further up the route, and stopped him, otherwise i reckon he would of kept going. i had already explained to this lad that asbo was having a bit of trouble with other dogs, and he paid no attention what so ever! the dog doesnt listen to a word he says.

but this is the straw that broke the camels back and i went absolutely mental
he said "oh all of our jack russels have been hit by machinery or run over, its only time before it happens to this one, just depends on how bad it is"

he wasnt even bothered that his dog could get seriously injured or die from it!! he said it so flippantly and said "oh you cant stop him" how about not putting him in that situation in the first place!!!!

stupid stupid man. i dont even want to talk to him anymore. i can not believe someone would do that to their own dog. just feel for the dog.

rant over