Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 12:14 PM

Uncanny - English Setter

For those of you who remember my darling Leon, you will recall that he always had to carry Tiger with him when we went out for a walk, in the car, or just laying around. He was the talk of the neighbourhood when we went out, mostly because he looked so cute and also because people weren't sure whether he was carrying a kitten around

Here is the dear old lad..it will be a year next month that we had to say goodbye to him

The weird thing is that Henry has just this week insisted on taking Moo Cow out with him, I thought it was just a phase he was going through but for his lunchtime walk I called him in and purposely left Moo Cow out in the garden, Henry wouldn't come with me, I had to open the back door, he ran out, scooped up Moo Cow and off we went. Here's what happened during our walk...sorry there are so many of them but it's a fair old walk

Whilst we were just out we bumped into Elaine with Murphy, cocker spaniel. Elaine took one look at him and shrieked "oh my god, he is just like Leon"

As you can see, he refused to drop him, even when he had a bounce with Murphy he still clamped onto him. As soon as we got home he took him back into the garden and left him there.

How uncanny is this? I've never had a dog before Leon that insisted on taking one particular toy everywhere.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Bless 'em, are they related???

My GSP leans on every one in a certain way - so does his Dad and his grandad did as well.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
Bless 'em, are they related???

My GSP leans on every one in a certain way - so does his Dad and his grandad did as well.
No, not related at all...Leon's children would run around with toys but drop them when they went for walks, up until now I've not had one so besotted with one particular toy for walkies.

Henry has lots of other toys that he will play with, as did Leon, but Moo Cow and Tiger always get/got taken out on adventures
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh wow! How bizarre... Seems like Hen really was meant for you then! A little bit of Leon-ness carries on Loving the pics of him and Moo Cow! Although I can't believe it's been a year already... Gosh... Leon was such a special boy Xoxox
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 04:40 PM
No apologies ever needed for lots of pics of your gorgeous boys, Leon is obviously still looking after you in his own way and Henry is following in his footsteps.
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Sheree, Sheree, my phones memory got full before I saw all the photos of Hen. But I did see Leon and two of Hen, so gorgeous boys, being a fellow ES mummy, me's think Leon has been chatting to Hen, saying carry something cute and them humans go wild for us, even more than when they just see us. Luv. Gayle and a barking Kyesh and Jazz. Xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Very uncanny. I cannot believe it has been year since you had to say goodbye to Leon.

Bless Henry for being so much like him in his ways I think Leon had a hand in this.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Bless So alike Thanks for sharing x
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Aww Sheree that brought a tear to my eye, but in a nice way. Bless Henry, what a poppet.
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2011, 11:19 PM
aww lovely
our old girl gemma (gsd) wouldnt go out anywhere without a teddy of some discription and if we didnt have a teddy anything would do even occasionally my mums purse when there was nothing else once she had a teletubby teddy she took everywhere made lots of kids smile
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >