Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Pepsi escaped today

Peps has had a great day lazing in the garden, then at about 4pm I realised that she had gone
I searched the house to see if she had taken herself off to bed but nothing
I then caught sight of her walking along the top of next doors wall (6ft, why do rescue centres insist on 6ft it doesn't stop very much) I called her and she jumped down into their garden.
I grabbed her lead and ran. Neighbour was out but luckily the gate was unlocked. I put her lead on her and took her home and left her in the garden with hubby.
A few minutes later hubby saw her crawling through the trellis back into next doors garden
It's a tiny, tiny trellis that we really didn't think she would get through ....ha!
Said trellis is now covered in chicken wire. The little monkey has been here 4 months and never tried it before. I have obviously become too complacant!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Peps has had a great day lazing in the garden, then at about 4pm I realised that she had gone
I searched the house to see if she had taken herself off to bed but nothing
I then caught sight of her walking along the top of next doors wall (6ft, why do rescue centres insist on 6ft it doesn't stop very much) I called her and she jumped down into their garden.
I grabbed her lead and ran. Neighbour was out but luckily the gate was unlocked. I put her lead on her and took her home and left her in the garden with hubby.
A few minutes later hubby saw her crawling through the trellis back into next doors garden
It's a tiny, tiny trellis that we really didn't think she would get through ....ha!
Said trellis is now covered in chicken wire. The little monkey has been here 4 months and never tried it before. I have obviously become too complacant!
aww she just fancied a bit of an adventure at least she didnt go too far and you got her back safely.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 06:07 PM
little tinker scary tho

she's an honorary sibe lol up n over as opposed to the terrier under
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
aww she just fancied a bit of an adventure at least she didnt go too far and you got her back safely.
But what if I had been having a Granny-nap or something? The little monkey could have gone miles
I never said a word, just put her lead on her, but she hangs her head everytime she looks at me now
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 06:10 PM
The little mischief, how on earth did she manage a six ft wall Am glad she's back safe,maybe was over enthused with pest control patrol(mice?) x
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Oh dear - a bit of a fright for you, but no "what if's" she is safe & sound & no doubt you have patrolled the perimeters for tiny gaps.
Norty Pepsi worrying mummy like that!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
little tinker scary tho

she's an honorary sibe lol up n over as opposed to the terrier under
Lol, I think she must be part Sibe!

Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
The little mischief, how on earth did she manage a six ft wall Am glad she's back safe,maybe was over enthused with pest control patrol(mice?) x
I really don't know but we think that next door has a comppost bin that she got on and then onto the wall.
Those pesky mice drive her nuts so I bet she got the scent of one

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Oh dear - a bit of a fright for you, but no "what if's" she is safe & sound & no doubt you have patrolled the perimeters for tiny gaps.
Norty Pepsi worrying mummy like that!!
I thought we had secured everwhere anyway, obviously not. Hubby has been all round now with bamboo canes and chicken wire. Pretty sure it won't happen again!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Oh my goodness how scary!!! Soooooo glad she wasn't far and that she showed you just how she'd escaped. Cheeky little terrier!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Oh Jen that would be my biggest nightmare if I thought either of mine went missing like that must have given you such a shock

I'm sure she would have come back once she sorted out those little mouses though, she knows where her bread's buttered don't you worry about her going AWOL!!!

What a little monkey she is, fancy wanting to leave YOU of all people, she has the height of luxury at yours and the best food possible, but then the grass is always greener isn't it! Bless her heart, she knows she's done wrong giving you "that look" lol!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Scary, but could have been so much worse.

Don't beat yourself up, Jenny....... it's such a negative thing to do and helps no-one.....

*Hugs* for you and a squish for your naughty girly

x0x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >