Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-05-2011, 11:59 PM

Best decision you made?

What do you think is the best, or some of the best decisions you made regarding your dog/s?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-05-2011, 12:02 AM
For me personally, I think letting Rocky on the bed has to be right up there. I just love, love giving him a hug - he's just so huggable!

I've always enjoyed hugging him but it's not quite the same on the floor, and the sofa isn't big enough for the two of us

But nothing beats joining him on the bed when he's fast asleep and snuggling up next to him...awwww
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 12:15 AM
The best decision I ever made was agreeing to my OH getting a dog! I grew up with dogs and love them so much and have always just thought cats are easier and always thought of myself as a 'cat person'. My OH wanted a pup so I agreed - with a whole set of rules like no dog on the sofa, the dog must sleep here, the dog cant do this....

Now, I couldn't imagine my life without her, she is so amazing, and none of my 'rules' ever came into force! Although she does sometimes do 'cat' things, like sitting on windowsills and trying to use a scratching post (all the result of growing up with 3 cats) - she is an awesome dog even if she is far too intelligent for my liking. Cuddles on tap, madness on tap, quirkiness on tap and lots of unconditional love on tap!

I am glad I said 'yes'!!
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Good to see you thread starting again Azz!You do the best threads..

Right now I don't have to think too hard for an answer to this question.Irrespective of cost to my mental health(?) taking that wretched woman and her animals in was probably the best move I've made in a long time!
Who'd a thunk it..
skippy440
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Bringing him home

He was 9 weeks old when I picked him up and is now almost 10 months and I couldn't imagine life without him.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 05:56 AM
taking a gamble on this beautiful lady,

and ignoring all the people who said I should take her back. She's the best!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 06:37 AM
The best decision I made was taking Reah on.
At the time I was in debt and living on out of date supplies, never in my wildest dreams did I think I could raise the £3,000,00 I did, but the world is full if wonderful supportive people to whom Reah owes her life too.
Even though I was struggling, her 'fight' for her life made my problems seem trivial.
Whenever I was as rock bottom, watching her struggle to walk again made me feel selfish in worrying about my own problems.
Dealing with her agressiveness and watching the trust blossom, made me feel I wasn't the failure I thought I was.

So for me Reah was definately my best decision as without her coming into my life I would of just sunk xxx
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Agreeing with my wife to visit a 9 year old GSD/Husky x at the SSPCA pound. I wanted a young dog of similar age to Ella (then 1) as a playmate and was adamant that an old dog would not be suitable.

He's been hard work and a lot of worry, but well worth it
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Starting to foster was definitely one of my best decisions. It's been wonderful for Lily and Dylan to share their home and of course my failure with Alfie was the best decision ever! He has enriched Lily's life far more than I would have thought possible which has impacted on Dylan, as the 2 leave him alone and give him the space he wants. Who'd have thought an unwanted, wormy, Staffie X could have made such an impact!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 07:37 AM
The best decision regarding my dogs - taking a gamble on Louie. We were unemployed, in between houses and I was in a stressful position of leaving 6th form.

But I'm glad we did get him.

But I have to say - one of the best decisions - joining Dogsey! And you have Louie to thank for that - I wouldn't have looked for a dog forum if it wasn't because of that puppy
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >