View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
connollyksaj@ao
New Member!
Female 

30-04-2011, 06:25 PM

Has anyone used the corley dog training centre??

has anyone used the corley dog training centre??
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Very odd website-no names except for the Agility trainer who is around 16/17 years of age & the claim for Will Markham of being the fastest dog trainer.

Quite pricey for one to one when you don't know anything about the people doing the training.

Don't like the sound of the owner showing the dog that they own the house & garden !

Dominance / Territorial: Training is needed to show the dog that the house and garden belong to you and not them
& then there is the "Boarding training"were you leave a dog with them to train & get a free lesson to carry on the training......hmmmmm & how do they train the dogs in 14 days ?? The mind boggles

Barge & Pole spring to mind
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Not sure if this is the same place, but the one I went to with my Cairn Terrier years ago was just behind Corley Services. They had a lot to do at the time with GSDs and I seem to recall offered the same sort of time scale training. Having said that there are other dog training sites who offer the same time scale (reputable ones I would add too).
I only went in the evening for about a month or so. Didn't do much good to be honest, the training I needed was for his traffic re-activeness and pulling and of course in a yard he was as good as gold.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2011, 08:55 PM
I often stay at the Days Inn at Corley services and often wondered what the dog training centre was like...............
mad collie
New Member!
Female 

24-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by connollyksaj@ao View Post
has anyone used the corley dog training centre??
Yes!! I booked one to one lessons last week as a last resort for my collie who was very aggressive towards other dogs! Unfortunatley as a result whilst trying to control her i was getting bitten on a daily basis!...But after the first session i could see a difference,she was more responsive to my commands! As i'm writing this i have just finished my 3rd hour long one to one and i'm feeling so possitve i can't thank Will enough i don't know what would have happened to her if i hadn't given CDT(Corley Dog Training) a go I think she may have had to be put to sleep or certainly rehomed either way would have broken mine and my childrens hearts as she is in all other ways a fab dog! I know we still have a long way to go with her but i know with Will's help I CAN DO IT!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Gosh... Now if I were a cynical person I`d suggest they just buy an advertising slot...
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 12:43 PM
I`m also fascinated to know what method is used by someone who can apparently `cure` dog aggression in 3 hours.
Come on Will, stop hiding and tell us your methods. I think we need to know.
mad collie
New Member!
Female 

24-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Just a very happy customer!! Untill earlier this week i thought i had no hope of ever being able to walk my dog in public again and now i know i can!...I'm just trying to spead the word for others in my situation! I've had my dog for 4 years and she has been getting worse and worse! Now i know how to handle her i can see where i was going wrong! All i can say is if you want to know how he does it, go and give it a try! I wish someone had told me years ago! Jo
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by mad collie View Post
Just a very happy customer!! Untill earlier this week i thought i had no hope of ever being able to walk my dog in public again and now i know i can!...I'm just trying to spead the word for others in my situation! I've had my dog for 4 years and she has been getting worse and worse! Now i know how to handle her i can see where i was going wrong! All i can say is if you want to know how he does it, go and give it a try! I wish someone had told me years ago! Jo
Im glad you feel more p ositive about things
Can I ask what methods have they suggested to you? Where do you feel you were going wrong in the past?
It is always great when someone feels they have been given the tools to help with their dog when they felt the situation was impossible
Dealing with a DA dog myself I am always interested in hearing about others methods as well as there are so many different things you can do to help

But of course as well there are so many people who say they are trainers and behaviourists as well who are no more qualified than the guy down the street and they pedle quick fixes that actually make the dog more dangerous in the long run
mad collie
New Member!
Female 

24-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Hi yes be glad to! Basically it seems to come down to obedience training! And her understanding that I'm in charge and she has to do what she's told! Rewarding with just love and praise when she does what i want her to(Such as ignore another dog) As i've said i'm only half way into what i consider to be my training as much as her's so time will tell. She is a typical collie and if i give her an inch she'll take a mile! So as Will has said i need a the monent to constantly pick her up on dominant behaviour such as jumping up, trying to go out the door before me,jumping on the sofa as i'm about to sit down,refusing to heel and pulling me down the road! Now she doesn't do any of this and for example on the way home from training i met a friends dog (also DA) and she began to just raise the corner of her mouth! I told her to "leave it!" and lay down and she did! I know some people on here think they know it all i've been reading some of the other treads but i just wanted to tell everyone how happy i am! I feel like a dreadfull weight has been lifted off my shoulders! So really in my dogs case it was because she felt she was the boss!! jo x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >