Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 11:49 AM

Anyone else agree.

This rabbit should be moved from the shop floor?

Every now and again I go and check up on the animals in the pet shop that I don't like, I never buy from there, and tell people not too, I don't like the cages or anything the animals are kept in, anyway last time I noticed two boys chasing each other, today I went in and noticed the two boys laid next to each other, but one of them with a bold face, with something black down the middle of it, at first as he's black I thought maybe it was hair, and maybe its another rabbit doing whatever it was the Drew did, but on closer inspection it was stitches, and quite a few of them, four at least, the other rabbit had a bold patch on its back, but I couldn't get a good enough look.

These rabbits are still for sale, am I the only one who thinks this is wrong, I'm gonna report it though, as its not the first time I've seen rabbits there with injuries, it also wont be the first time I've reported this shop, if I was being ruled by my heart I would buy them, but then its double jeopardy of the fact that they would just be replaced, so I'm hoping that them being reported again and someone investigating them will have a better effect on the animal welfare then me buying them.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Report until your face goes blue.

However litter mates do fight so perhaps a word with the owner - I often tell those in PAH that the Syrians (Hamsters) should be separated - advertising them after 6 weeks..and they were still together.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Don't worry I will have to say though that doesn't surprise me about pets at home , I'm also gonna get someone to go and check on a bird today, as I'm also worried about that.