View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:38 PM

Time to get rid of the winter coat again!

It's that time of year again for us - groan!! I didn't think it would be far off as Tilly's fur over the last few weeks has kinda gone static & greasy & by this week those little piles of flying fluff are gathering around the floor within minutes of cleaning so time to get that hoover surgically attached to my arm again
She went for her monthly brush through at the groomers yesterday & is looking lovely today, but there's still plenty more to come out.
It's times like this when I think back to those 7 little puppies in the pound - 6 x short haired & 1 x fluff bucket & me jumping up & down like a kid declaring "I want the fluffy one"
Why did I do that
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2011, 12:12 AM
I was so pleased when I got Lana because she had short hair but I've since discovered that the short haired ones are worse My previous dog was long haired, hairs over a foot long but now that I have short haired Lana I realise how lucky I was with the long hairs. Long hairs don't dig in and stick to everything and the only way to get them out is to pick them out one by one, if you can be bothered and they seem to be worse to vacuum up than the long hairs, probably because the are stuck in.

I could also use the other side of the brush, those metal prong things and brush Rusty and get brushfuls of hair from her, can't do that with Lana, the comb seems to run through the hairs instead of bringing them out. I have one of those rubber things now but still doesn't seem very effective so you were maybe lucky in choosing the fluffy one
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 07:21 AM
That's made me feel better then I've seen those short spikey hairs your talking about in my friend's place & yes at least fluffy fur can be hoovered easily..... I even found some in my pack lunch the other day
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 10:22 AM
I agree, short hairs are way worse! Dougal's hairs are mental, they get into everything. You buy something brand new from the shop, put it on and within seconds you have white hairs everywhere!

Time to be brushing every day yet again *sighs and digs out the brush*